The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

Just now, jpaulthe1st said:

I love the pick. Taking an elite talent that inexplicably falls to you. Ya’ll have no idea the stud we just landed. 

Unless he is a HOFer I don't like the pick.  Not a need and not a premium position. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Not a need, but you guys are blind AF if you don't know what they just drafted. 

TBH I thought that was Harbaugh was going to draft. This is like what we were talking about earlier when I said just don't draft someone who can't play. We will be a better football team because we have one of the best players in this draft regardless of position. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I love the pick. Taking an elite talent that inexplicably falls to you. Ya’ll have no idea the stud we just landed. 

Hopefully Minshew can get him the ball, he’s definitely a stud. But man I wish we would’ve went CB / OT.

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Unless he is a HOFer I don't like the pick.  Not a need and not a premium position. 

He was clearly the BPA and has All Pro talent. In 5 years all of us will be thrilled that he’s a Raider. 

• Like 5

I love that we took talent. Offense needed punch and we got just that. 

Bowers isn’t just a TE, major chess piece. 

another year we take someone no one had on their radar,  but in a good way lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Bring back JMD as OC lol

Still need a QB / OG / RT / CB

My first thought was JMD making the picks.  I thought Bowers was going to go 13 but figured we would trade back.  Bowers is a stud. 

Adams - Bowers - Mayer - Meyers

I should be able to throw for 4,000 yards with those guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

BPA was Dallas Turner by far

I think it's debatable for sure but I will say that our defense was better than our Offense last year and that's why I would've taken call offensive player over a defensive player. The "get a dude" mentality is respectable to me

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Such hyperbole. He's a weapon. Screw position, he's a playmaker when they get a QB who can get it to him.

• Like 4

We have two of the best blocking TE’s in the entire league. Neither are that athletic though. Mayer’s RAS was below average last year. Bowers didn’t really test this year but his height is below average for a TE, and 40 time is likely around 4.6 (Pro Days exaggerate 40 time). 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Hopefully Minshew can get him the ball, he’s definitely a stud. But man I wish we would’ve went CB / OT.

Adams, Meyers, Tucker, Mayer, Bowers, the RBs. 

Your QB is Gardner Minshew and you have a HC who talks about wanting to run the ball.  

It was a stupid ***** luxury pick for a team without someone who is going to be able to spread thr ball around enough to make any of 5 pass catchers have an impact.