I dont really like Fiske. He's like 25

my  list

RB: Jonathon Brooks 

T: Blake Fisher, Kingsley

G: JPJ, Rosengarten, Kiran, C Haynes, C Beebe

DT:  Jer'Zhan Newton, Kris Jenkins, Mason Smith 

LB: Peyton Wilson, Edge Cooper, Junior Colson, Cedric Gray

CB: Cooper Dejean, Ennis Rakestraw, Max Melton, Kamari Lassiter, TJ Tampa

I could see AP liking Wilson & Colson at LB. Sainstrail is an option in the 3rd as is Carson. Personally I wouldn’t go RB till the later rounds unless Brooks falls into the 3rd. 

I would consider a trade down in the 2nd for an extra 3rd rounder and get Rosengarten with Colson/Wilson and a CB in the 3rd. 

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent.  The pick lacks logic considering Getsy's prior #2 TE usage unless the front office knows Mayer is a bust. As a #2 TE he will be lucky to get 25 receptions next year. 

It does not lack logic. The logic is very simple: They got the player they perceived as BPA. 

And to add a subjective opinion: Imo they perceived him as as way better then 2nd bpa considering him being a TE and that not being a position of need.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree he makes the O better but we had Mayer, a 2nd rounder last year and is now at best a 25 catch a year player.

Bowers is a stud prospect but for the pick to make sense he needs to be a HOFer. 

I think Mayer will still get his work, plus he’s an elite blocker for a TE which people seem to be forgetting. Mayer and Bowers will be used differently and I can see Bowers being used in the slot a fair amount and as an X factor. 

Personally, I’d have gone CB or OT but he was a great value and now it’s up to the coaching staff to use all our weapons effectively. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The first CB in this draft was drafted at 22. This should tell you guys all you needed to know about this CB class. 

I disagree, with so many QBs and OTs being very high value positions plus WR just being a superb class I think they just got pushed down a bit. Mitchell and Arnold imho are still going to be great players for their teams, they are still very good prospects. It’s just the way the draft fell.

Bowers bring tons of versatility to the offense. He’s an underrated blocker who’ll allow us to be more physical in the run/screen game. Move him around, use him as a FB, HB, TE, Slot etc. guys are under estimating his value. Can’t remember when I was this excited about a pick 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I didn't realize that the whole draft is over yet....

Don't get me wrong - I'm still a bit shocked about this year's first round including our pick, but we still can find good guys to fill our holes.

Sounding like a broken record bro. 

Every year we make some inexplicable pick, every year I'm told that they will be some difference maker,the draft ain't over yet, trust the process, and every year by about week 5 I'm seeing people piss and moan about bad QB play, bad blocking, bad coverage. 

Nobody is guilting me into backing off this pick just because he's a great weapon everyone wants shower with hyperbole and cream themselves over with platitudes. We've collected great weapons before and got nowhere. It tells me everything I need to know. It also reinforces my worries about Telesco- he assembled arsenal after arsenal in San Diego and LA while ignoring needs, acting like they were always just one BPA cherry on top away, fans and the media bought in, and everyone sat around collectively wondering why they fell short in spite of it. 

Treat the team like it's Madden, it fails, we wonder why it fails, then rinse, wash, repeat. 

Edited by ronjon1990

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sounding like a broken record bro. 

Every year we make some inexplicable pick, every year I'm told that they will be some difference maker,the draft ain't over yet, trust the process, amd every year by about week 5 I'm seeing people piss and moan about bad QB play, bad blocking, bad coverage. 

Nobody is guilting me into backing off this pick just because he's a great weapon. We've collected great weapons before and got nowhere. It tells me everything I need to know. It also reinforces my worries about Telesco- he assembled arsenal after arsenal in San Diego and LA while ignoring needs, acting like they were always just one BPA cherry on top away, fans amd the media bought in, and everyone sat around collectively wondering why they fell short in spite of it. 

Come on, you're better than that.

Don't say that I'm happy about the pick, or how the draft went so far. Just don't act like there is no talent left in the draft that we can pick up to improve our roster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Would anybody trade 44 and Mayer to WAS for 36 and 100?

I don't see Mayer going anywhere personally. People are forgetting just how great of a prospect Mayer was coming out. 

We likely will have the best TE room in football in a season or two. I would keep him and create an O that is a huge pain in the *** to play against. 

• Like 3