The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

My two concerns about Bowers is this:

1. In the last couple of years TEs in the first haven’t gotten a second contract with the teams that drafted them. They’ve also been pretty slow at producing at a high level. Is Bowers a great player? Sure but recent history has shown that these guys rarely make an impact early. 

2. Needing offensive power really sounds like propaganda and gaslighting. Adams, Meyer and Mayer are all good to great players. Tre Tucker is a good deep threat depth guy. And none of that matters if you don’t have a QB who can take advantage of that or an offensive line that can give them the requisite time. 

This feels like a lateral move. I don’t think the Raiders got worse but I don’t think they got better in a way to challenge KC. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

2. Needing offensive power really sounds like propaganda and gaslighting. Adams, Meyer and Mayer are all good to great players. Tre Tucker is a good deep threat depth guy. And none of that matters if you don’t have a QB who can take advantage of that or an offensive line that can give them the requisite time. 

Would you have had an issue if Odunze fell and the Raiders picked him?

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Ducks……..I also would take Jonathon Brooks in the second round…. 

He would be BPA… I don’t think much of Mattison, and Zeus has has long injury history. Brooks would complement Zeus nice. We would have a Lions type of draft with Gibbs and LaPorta. Brooks is 1st round talent, but the injury dropped him

Troy Franklin could be a guy we target, legit field stretching WR who could be great starting WR. Tae getting older, I think Jacoby could be gone next year in a cost cutting move, Renfrow isgondeShould shift the money on the trenches and not too much in certain groups.

Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

If we get a WR in rounds 2 or 3 I will be frustrated. I dig the BPA approach but at some time you simply can't ignore the needs at CB and RT/RG much longer.

At a certain point, BPA is not real. No one can convince me that any person or team has strong convictions between players 39 and 40 on their board.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

If we get a WR in rounds 2 or 3 I will be frustrated. I dig the BPA approach but at some time you simply can't ignore the needs at CB and RT/RG much longer.

There won’t be a WR where we pick who is BPA imho. I want a mini trade up for kool aid dejean or newton. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There won’t be a WR where we pick who is BPA imho. I want a mini trade up for kool aid dejean or newton. 

DeJean would be awesome in this defense. Trying not to get my hopes up. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Was stunned when it happened, but I can't help but think he's going to have a Sam Laporta type impact from the get go.

That might be his best outcome. But, notably, LaPorta is not a "weapon" like Bowers is being described. Bowers will have to win inline and in the slot like every other tight end not named Taysom Hill.

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Trying not to get my hopes up. 

Same. Every year a 1st round talent falls, everyone gets so excited about trading up, only to have a team picking right away squash those dreams. Happened last year with CB Porter for example. And no the flip side it was us moving up for Mayer last year too.

Those guys won't be lasting long.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What RT's are left that warrant a 2nd round pick?  Clearly this staff is all for BPA and sticking to their board.  I also see some interior Oline talent left as well.  I would not mind coming out of the 2nd with either Oline or CB...

Paul from Houston

Semuwhatever

Rosengarden from Washington. 

Think they're solid OT candidates. 

• Like 3