The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

33 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Hey should they even  go for a guy that they think isn't "THE Guy?

Would 't that bei a desperate move?

By that theory, we should never draft a QB then and just hope Daniels is available for trade in the near future (assuming he even pans out). 

That's the issue with having a FO/HC hyperfocused on "THE" guy. The very definition of "THE" guy is singular. He's the only one. Can't get him, end of story. Should've given up everything for the number one pick. 

Using that excuse, any and every QB move they now make is desperate because they missed THE guy. 

If someone is that single-minded, they don't belong as the head of any organization that changes on a routine basis. 

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Would also love Patrick Paul at 44. Huge frame and arms, moves well. The upside is sky high his hand use just needs to get better.

RT becomes a bit less of a need now that Penix is off the table, I suppose. Take a guy like Paul and let him learn/improve. 

A stonewall RT would've otherwise been a need. 

We know NOTHING about the calls we made, didn't make, received, teams wants (jets) etc. I was surprised, yes. But he's blue chip, period. Moving rt along, a trade up for DeJean is what I'd do. Good defensive tool. And a returner as well. 

A lot of good CBs left in the second. OL might be a reach with our pick. So I’m hoping for CB. Then OL in the 3rd.

I wasn’t here yesterday for the draft. Didn’t think we would draft Bowers but here we are. I’m alright with it. I understand the vision.

Didn’t see 6 QBs in the first 12 either. Denver still sucks. Chargers got the right guy.  I do not wish KC well.

And wtf was Atlanta thinking? Lol. 

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can anyone recall if the Chargers were active with draft day trades under him? IIRC they were mostly standing pat and taking their guy.

I heard he's never traded back either up or stands pat.

37 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

By that theory, we should never draft a QB then and just hope Daniels is available for trade in the near future (assuming he even pans out). 

That's the issue with having a FO/HC hyperfocused on "THE" guy. The very definition of "THE" guy is singular. He's the only one. Can't get him, end of story. Should've given up everything for the number one pick. 

Using that excuse, any and every QB move they now make is desperate because they missed THE guy. 

If someone is that single-minded, they don't belong as the head of any organization that changes on a routine basis. 

Let me explain it a little further since you Chose Not to unterstand it:

You're take is obviously that AP wanted only JD and nobody else.

Let's assume that's right. That also means that they think that the rest of the QBs would be busts or that they're just not worth trading up.

So why should they do it then?

• Like 1

Just now, Styrian Raider said:

Let me explain it a little further since you Chose Not to unterstand it:

You're take is obviously that AP wanted only JD and nobody else.

Let's assume that's right. That also means that they think that the rest of the QBs would be busts or that they're just not worth trading up.

So why should they do it then?

Let me explain it further since you chose not to understand it:

Why then should we ever draft a QB, because it was Daniels or bust so fk it. 

That's how single-track minds work, bud. We missed Daniels. No need to bother ever again. Hope he comes available in about 5 years so AP can finally live out his fantasy. 

5 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

Was not expecting Bowers at all, but can't argue that we got incredible value at #13. Going forward, I'm down for:

Round 2: Best available CB

Round 3: Blake Fisher

Round 4: Michael Pratt or best available LB (Marist Liufau?)

Round 5: Best available DL

Round 6: BPA

Round 7: BPA

There's also a chance AOC takes a step forward this season (assuming he's working hard as per reports). JMD and Co didn't do him any favors prior to getting booted out of LV, and he still came in and did better than one would expect of a 4th Round rookie thrown into the fire.

To edit my own post a bit, I would also be okay with:

Round 2: Blake Fisher (would have started at LT for most college teams/only was the RT at Notre Dame due to Joe Alt also being there/Day 1 starter at RT, probably solidifies the position for the next 5 years minimum/fills a need)

Round 3: Cam Hart (Telasco apparently has a soft spot for Notre Dame players/Notre Dame lost to OSU last season, but Hart was matched up against MHJ all game and pretty much shut him down/fills a need)

Round 4: BPA

Round 5: BPA

Round 6: BPA

Round 7: BPA

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Let me explain it further since you chose not to understand it:

Why then should we ever draft a QB, because it was Daniels or bust so fk it. 

That's how single-track minds work, bud. We missed Daniels. No need to bother ever again. Hope he comes available in about 5 years so AP can finally live out his fantasy. 

Pathetic.

Why would we ever draft a QB? Maybe because we're speaking of a GM/HC in the NFL and Not a toddler.

One of both constantly evaluates their Options and choices - the other one maybe just really warnt that one red Balkon and nothing else.

Decide for yourself, which one is which.