The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

1 minute ago, RaidersForever said:

If this is true, you better hope Arthur Blank doesn't fire you before then, lol. This was by far the most head-scratching decision of Round 1: Falcons GM Suggests Michael Penix Jr. Could Sit '4 or 5 Years' Behind Kirk Cousins | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

This is epic. Could be read as - "Michael Penix could get his first NFL start sometime around his 29th birthday." 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't see Mayer going anywhere personally. People are forgetting just how great of a prospect Mayer was coming out. 

We likely will have the best TE room in football in a season or two. I would keep him and create an O that is a huge pain in the *** to play against. 

Don't get me wrong I like Mayer and he really started coming on before the foot injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

RT gotta be the pick at 44. They're dropping like flies. It's a deep class, but not endless.

RG, CB. DT have more lifeline left. 

What RT's are left that warrant a 2nd round pick?  Clearly this staff is all for BPA and sticking to their board.  I also see some interior Oline talent left as well.  I would not mind coming out of the 2nd with either Oline or CB...

36 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

Was not expecting Bowers at all, but can't argue that we got incredible value at #13. Going forward, I'm down for:

Round 2: Best available CB

Round 3: Blake Fisher

Round 4: Michael Pratt or best available LB (Marist Liufau?)

Round 5: Best available DL

Round 6: BPA

Round 7: BPA

There's also a chance AOC takes a step forward this season (assuming he's working hard as per reports). JMD and Co didn't do him any favors prior to getting booted out of LV, and he still came in and did better than one would expect of a 4th Round rookie thrown into the fire.

If you improve the Oline, how good does he have to be with those weapons.

29 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

If this is true, you better hope Arthur Blank doesn't fire you before then, lol. This was by far the most head-scratching decision of Round 1: Falcons GM Suggests Michael Penix Jr. Could Sit '4 or 5 Years' Behind Kirk Cousins | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

If this is the plan then it's a stupid pick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What RT's are left that warrant a 2nd round pick?  Clearly this staff is all for BPA and sticking to their board.  I also see some interior Oline talent left as well.  I would not mind coming out of the 2nd with either Oline or CB...

Suamiata from BYU 

Blake fisher from ND

powers-Johnson is an interior but he's currently the best Oline available 

best defensive player available is koolaid(who i personally think is better than Terion Arnold) & cooper deJean but after that I don't think there are 2nd round level corner available where we pick. I think we should wait at that point.

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

OL, CB and DT are all still available. If we can get a guy like Dejean, Newton, JPJ etc wed be set up nicely.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Or what RTs would be better than Munford as well? Interior OL or CB would be nice in the 2nd rnd.

• Like 1

If they stick with strict BPA it’s probably…

Newton
DeJean

JPJ

Kool Aid

After those 4 I feel like there’s a decent drop off in talent - those guys are first round talents imo. Will be interesting to see if any of them make it close to our pick  

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If they stick with strict BPA it’s probably…

Newton
DeJean

JPJ

Kool Aid

After those 4 I feel like there’s a decent drop off in talent - those guys are first round talents imo. Will be interesting to see if any of them make it close to our pick  

I'm not opposed to moving up and selecting one of those. All would be steals ar this point in my eye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersForever said:

Hahaha what a idiot. Trying to soothe Cousins hurt ego lmao.

In my opinion, QB was the right pick at 8, they just took the wrong prospect. Should have taken JJ instead and let him sit til Kirk hangs it up.