The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Looking at that list, give me JPJ and slide him on at RG for the year. Parham stays at LG. Interior is good for the season. Whitehair is the versatile backup.

Take Blake Fisher/ Patrick Paul/ Chiristian Jones to compete with Munford at RT. Do that and I'll feel much better about our line.

I like this plan. Alternatively I like the idea of Patrick Paul at 44, then circle back for Christian Mahogany in the 3rd. I like the Yale OT as well.

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Pathetic.

Why would we ever draft a QB? Maybe because we're speaking of a GM/HC in the NFL and Not a toddler.

One of both constantly evaluates their Options and choices - the other one maybe just really warnt that one red Balkon and nothing else.

Decide for yourself, which one is which.

Pathetic is how the fans of this poverty franchise lap up every excuse and pick from every joke FO  like Pavlov's dogs as if we've been successful at all over the last 20 years. 

Maybe when they prove they're remotely successful, we can revisit. 

Best part of it all- they're free to prove me wrong, just like McDaniels and Zeigler would, I was told by many, do. 

We finally were aggressive earlier this offseason satisfying one enormous need we've seemingly had for decades with the Wilkins signing. How would people feel if we were aggressive with another position we never invest many assets, LB? 

I would prefer OL, CB or DT for sure, but if we're truly sticking to BPA and Cooper is there, would you be content making him a Raider?

Edgerrin Cooper

Texas A&M · LB · Senior

Cooper is a long, rangy linebacker with excellent speed and coverage ability. Against the pass, he is very smooth in his drops, playing with vision and awareness. He is very comfortable in man coverage and has plenty of speed to carry tight ends up the seam. He is an explosive blitzer and has shown the ability to separate the quarterback from the ball. Against the run, he is quick to fill in the hole and displays stopping power as a tackler. He will have some fly-by missed tackles when in lateral pursuit. Overall, Cooper is an instinctive and explosive prospect who generates a bunch of splash plays. He's ready to start right away, and I believe his best football is still ahead of him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

One thing about Spencer Rattler that is his arm talent is really good. Would easily have the best arm between AOC and Minshew. Small in statue but he has arm talent. 

Nope. Just build up the team and roll with Ninshew and AOC. We'll get a QB next year.

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We finally were aggressive earlier this offseason satisfying one enormous need we've seemingly had for decades with the Wilkins signing. How would people feel if we were aggressive with another position we never invest many assets, LB? 

I would prefer OL, CB or DT for sure, but if we're truly sticking to BPA and Cooper is there, would you be content making him a Raider?

Payton Wilson was born to be a Raider. 

I do like Cooper too though. 

22 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Payton Wilson was born to be a Raider. 

I do like Cooper too though. 

Either one would be good. There still hasn't been a run on LBs. I say we go BPA again in round 2.. I think we can come back and draft a guard in round 3 my list 

RB: Jonathon Brooks 

WR: AD Mitchell, Troy Franklin

T: Blake Fisher, Kingsley, Patrick Paul 

G: JPJ, Rosengarten, Kiran, C Haynes, C Beebe

DT:  Jer'Zhan Newton, Kris Jenkins, Mason Smith 

LB: Peyton Wilson, Edge Cooper, Junior Colson, Cedric Gray

CB: Cooper Dejean, Ennis Rakestraw, Max Melton, Kamari Lassiter, TJ Tampa