2024 Round 1, Pick 2: QB Jayden Daniels, LSU

LOL at all the reactions... Every single one of you wanted a QB.

Honestly he doesn't have any more bust potential than any QB in this draft not named Caleb Williams.

That said, I hate that we drafted a QB over trading down, but at least the got the one they wanted.

• Like 2

Look, he's skinny, we all know that. He takes cartoon character like hits. We know that too.

But here's also what he does:

• Throws the ball deep, especially on the sidelines phenomenally.
  • Creates/extends plays inside and outside of the pocket.
  • PROTECTS THE FOOTBALL (20 INTs over 55 starts)
  • Processes quickly (anyone who says hes a one read and run guy is an idiot)
  • Outruns players at the first and second level.

No secret, I wanted Maye. That's not to say Jayden doesn't have a ton of upside. He's gotten better year over year.

I support and believe in Jayden Daniels

• Like 3

Well we got our guy. I sure hope Daniels ends up being the franchise QB we've been missing since Joe Theismann broke his leg.

I still would've taken Drake Maye & been patient with his development for a few years & I sure hope that he doesn't end up being better than Daniels.

Either way, now that Daniels is our QB, I’m 100% in approval of him and will root for him to be amazing for us.

16 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

Look, he's skinny, we all know that. He takes cartoon character like hits. We know that too.

But here's also what he does:

• Throws the ball deep, especially on the sidelines phenomenally.
  • Creates/extends plays inside and outside of the pocket.
  • PROTECTS THE FOOTBALL (20 INTs over 55 starts)
  • Processes quickly (anyone who says hes a one read and run guy is an idiot)
  • Outruns players at the first and second level.

No secret, I wanted Maye. That's not to say Jayden doesn't have a ton of upside. He's gotten better year over year.

I support and believe in Jayden Daniels

There was a stat going around the last few days that Daniels was I believe 66% on passes 20 yards plus downfield. I'll take that! I just hope he gets rid of the ball quicker, learns to slide, runs out of bounds & protects himself but avoids big hits.

I don't want another RG3 situation.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yikes.  I am not feeling confident about this one.  I am not sure about the character, not sure about the build holding up long term.  I hope I am wrong and he’s The Guy, but I am just not sure.  

I've heard Jayden has great character.

• Like 1

The fact that Emmanuel Forbes got more posts in his draft thread says a lot about the mindset of this franchise. Almost ALL of you wanted a QB and now that the one you wanted didn't get drafted, its a ghost town...

There isn't a single poster that was more down on this QB class than myself and I'm more upbeat about getting a QB than a lot of you. Its crazy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The fact that Emmanuel Forbes got more posts in his draft thread says a lot about the mindset of this franchise. Almost ALL of you wanted a QB and now that the one you wanted didn't get drafted, its a ghost town...

There isn't a single poster that was more down on this QB class than myself and I'm more upbeat about getting a QB than a lot of you. Its crazy.

A lot of the Bill's fans didn't like the Josh Allen selection. Can't wait for Jayden to prove everyone he is legit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

You are no doubt right.  It is a bit of a stunner.  It's a tough one when he is such an integral part of the team and you hoped to root for someone else.  It is very interesting that the majority of the board bucked the trend of the national media who called for Daniels as undeniable #2.  We will have to see if the board was right or the media.

Personally, I am more interested in a pass first offense that is more about the rest of the players than the qb.  You don't get that with Daniels.  I think things are going to be a lot different for Daniels in the nfl when his receivers aren't levels above the defense.  It will be interesting to see if Kingsbury goes with a gimmicky offense or not.  I doubt we are going to see that beautiful deep ball of his all that much with a Kingsbury offense and lower WR talent (compared to defense) and of course less time to throw.

I hope he can stay healthy.  That is of course the key and biggest risk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

Tress is definitely going to let him buy 5 from him, right?

otherwise the only real quarterbacky number we have is like..: 9ish

Do not touch # 9. no way no how !

• Like 1