2024 NFL Draft Thread

textaz03

Maybe that's what the calls were about. "Carolina is trying to come up and get your guy. Do you want to out bid them?" 

Nope

And thank God. There will be other solid runners to pick from and my star LB prospect still remains

And in less than an hour, I'm down to four guys I "feel like" they would take- Frazier, Mitchell, Colson, Benson. I bet it's gonna be one of those four if at least one gets to 56.

Edited by matt79511

Just now, plan9misfit said:

We still may have a shot at Junior Colson, Payton Wilson, or Zach Frazier. We’re still ok for this round, guys.

Getting and of these guys in round 2 is an absolute freaking win

I thought any of them could easily have been pegged from picks 30 to 40 without even a sweat from the teams going up to take them. These guys are future starters easily

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

Give me Benson, Colson or Frazier.

What about Wilson? He has a lot of that do it all gadget front 7 guy to him like Parsons did coming out. Not as explosive which is why he isn't a top pick lock. But easily a great addition to the front 7

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

Last 5 second round picks were Trysten Hill, Trevon Diggs, Kelvin Joseph, Sam Williams, and the Schooner.  Here's to finding a Diggs quality starter at 54.  

Lol my buddy who's there in Detroit just texted me that watch when Dallas picks another slow nose tackle that amounts to nothing. So fitting for their round 2 reputation

3 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

What about Wilson? He has a lot of that do it all gadget front 7 guy to him like Parsons did coming out. Not as explosive which is why he isn't a top pick lock. But easily a great addition to the front 7

Not a fan. Age and injury history is a concern to me. Don’t want a risky pick with the 2nd rd. pick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If he had all of his ACLs most definitely, but I’m out on him in rd2

Just now, Tony7188 said:

Not a fan. Age and injury history is a concern to me. Don’t want a risky pick with the 2nd rd. pick.

That's fair. I really like his ability to move around and paired with Parsons moving around (if you can convince him to do so) then you kind of have a front 7 version of when New England had Ty Law and zLawyer Milloy in the secondary. Hard to make a read on what their assignment is when they can do easily switch spots, assignments and alignments just as you snap the ball. That was a huge part of New England D in those early 2000s.

5 minutes ago, Northland said:

Last 5 second round picks were Trysten Hill, Trevon Diggs, Kelvin Joseph, Sam Williams, and the Schooner.  Here's to finding a Diggs quality starter at 54.  

Absolutely awful track record in the 2nd. If they actually wheeled and dealed in the 2nd, they could get an impact player. Last time they did, it was D-Law.

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Lol my buddy who's there in Detroit just texted me that watch when Dallas picks another slow nose tackle that amounts to nothing. So fitting for their round 2 reputation

I have faith.  Honestly I get more anxious about round 2 than round 1.