🏈 Pick #13 is in! Raiders select TE, Brock Bowers, Georgia

This is how the draft works, just keep adding great players to your roster. Raiders usually don't understand value. He'll be a fan favorite when the season starts.Β 

A+ draft pick we never see anything like this, its a very strange feeling.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Lots of hate on this pick, which is sad because we got arguably one of the top 3 players in this draft. Easily one of the best picks we've made in years and for his first pick Telesco nailed it!

Super excited about the rest of this draft if it plays out like this.Β 

Blue Chip Player.Β 

Agree with this. It was a surprising pick for me as I think Mayer is going to be superb but it’s a true BPA pick. Having the two super TEs will really be a safety net for a QB.Β 

Personally, I would have gone with a #1 CB or a RT but I guess they have some belief in Munford who did flash a little. Who knows, with all the offensive players being taken some great D players will obviously now fall……..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You don't want to miss on a top player at any position because you had **** already. Whoever you have they can coexist. Find ways to get the best players on the field. The fact is, I'd much rather have Bower than Fuaga. We will get OT and CB in the next few rounds. I'm just enthused that these guys said **** it let's get the best player on the board.

-Source: me several drinks in

Exactly. OC Luke Getsy get to work and get these guys the ball please πŸ˜€

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Agree with this. It was a surprising pick for me as I think Mayer is going to be superb but it’s a true BPA pick. Having the two super TEs will really be a safety net for a QB.Β 

Personally, I would have gone with a #1 CB or a RT but I guess they have some belief in Munford who did flash a little. Who knows, with all the offensive players being taken some great D players will obviously now fall……..

In hindsight I'd say I rather take a RT - the CBs seem to not seen as good or high valued from the NFL teams as it was from the experts.

I just hope that we use both of our young TEs well enough - I don't want to end up with Kyle Pitts 2.0

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

In hindsight I'd say I rather take a RT - the CBs seem to not seen as good or high valued from the NFL teams as it was from the experts.

I just hope that we use both of our young TEs well enough - I don't want to end up with Kyle Pitts 2.0

Yeh, a mauler RT was on my radar too but we’ve seen there’s no such thing as a draft expert so it’s going to be fun to see how they work out!

Crazy that 6 QBs went so early. Odds are that 4 will be busts 😳

5 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Watched a ton of Bowers as an SEC guy. He’s legit as hell. Hopefully we go line or corner depending on value and wait on any QBs till later now. Wouldn’t mind a wide receiver either.Β 

We’ve all seen tons of Georgia football over the years it’s just when your car needs tires and you get a new paint job instead after you just got 1 last year. Plus we signed that fa te. We had bigger holes than te imo. Sure he’s a great player just like mayer last year but without blocking etc last year we barely got our te’s involved. Imo the only way the middle of the field gonna open up is if we have options on the outside with a qb that can attack it. Which is yet to be seenΒ 

43 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

This is how the draft works, just keep adding great players to your roster. Raiders usually don't understand value. He'll be a fan favorite when the season starts.Β 

A+ draft pick we never see anything like this, its a very strange feeling.

Yup this is a good point. Admittedly I was underwhelmed initially but shouldn’t be when you get someone of Bowers quality.Β 

After sleeping on it, I am still not crazy about this pick. I was lower on Bowers throughout draft season because I didn't see the elite receiver prospect he was being marketed as. He's much more compact than the elite tight ends of the modern era. It seems like he's more Gerald Everett and Evan Ingram than Travis Kelce or George Kittle. And, I am really wary of prospects described as "weapons." The best offensive players in the NFL aren't amorphous weapons dependent on play-calling and scheme. Guys like Samuel and Harvin are rare, not tight ends, and have had widely fluctuating production throughout their careers. I would have preferred Fuaga.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

There is still a ton of OL and CB help on the board. There isn’t any more Brock Bowers available.Β 

There hasn't even been a Bowers in any draft since... Β I don't know, Vernon Davis? He's better than Pitts coming out (not the insane measurables likely but a much better all around producer). Same with Hockenson, Bowers was a better prospect.

• Like 1