2024 draft: Florida WR Ricky Pearsall #31

Forge

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

Stunned that we have Pearsall over McConkey

I posted this a few months ago in one of the other threads, but kind of hilarious how similar they were. 

I think Ladd has better in / out versatility though. 

• Like 3

Honestly, it's so weird for me to acknowledge that this was probably a bit of a reach, but for me to not really care that it was. I'm not even underwhelmed.  I just get it, tbh

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, it's so weird for me to acknowledge that this was probably a bit of a reach, but for me to not really care that it was. I'm not even underwhelmed.  I just get it, tbh

Agreed especially once the rumors started that we may take a receiver, but I was only thinking due to the board playing out the way. 

For me now, it’s similar to when we took Aiyuk over Lamb. I’ll trust the process. I know ppl are raving about him and maybe he wasn’t going to last to our late 2nd. I see certain things I like though. I definitely think he can separate which seems key especially if we play defenses that play more man. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

So he replaces Deebo next year, plays the slot this year??

We'll see how it shakes out. Lynch and shanny said they don't anticipate trading Aiyuk or deebo, but if that's the case, why are we paying Jennings 5 million this year? 

Pearsall plays snaps as wr 4 with fill ins for injury and returns kicks?

7 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

So he replaces Deebo next year, plays the slot this year??

He can play everywhere. I wouldn't call him a deebo replacement. Deebo is irreplaceable to be honest. Sure, you can get someone to run digs and tunnel screens, but not like deebo does. 

Ricky is our new punt returner. Kind of a "glue guy" so to speak because he can be whatever you want him to be 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

nticipate trading Aiyuk or deebo, but if that's the case, why are we paying Jennings 5 million this year?

Because the cap is fake and we couldn't afford to only have deebo and aiyuk under contract. Literally every other WR on the roster besides those three are terrible. Jauan earned 5m by his run blocking alone. I am happy to use him like he is TE2 tbh but we have some serious WR depth for 2024 at this point

Is 5m like 2m more than jauan is worth? Maybe, but also who gives a f uck about 2m of jeds money in a year after we wemt to Vegas (most expensive SB in history) 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Because the cap is fake and we couldn't afford to only have deebo and aiyuk under contract. Literally every other WR on the roster besides those three are terrible. Jauan earned 5m by his run blocking alone. I am happy to use him like he is TE2 tbh but we have some serious WR depth for 2024 at this point

Just burning money on niche players. This was a stacked draft at receiver. They were always going to get one