2024 draft: Florida WR Ricky Pearsall #31

Forge

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Personally, I think that Aiyuk was one of the most impactful players in the NFL last year - Brock had the highest deep ball completion percentage in recorded history in part because Aiyuk comes down with passes that others don't - and would give him the 30 million dollar bag and trade Deebo. But there is room for contention there. 

I've said before, I do really like BA.

His ability as a blocker alone is worth its weight in gold.

BUT as a WR in this offense, I think his skillset is replaceable imo.

I would not be mad in the slightest if they do give him that kind of money.

BUT I completely understand if they trust their ability to find another BA.

Their WR hit/miss ratio notwithstanding, I get the thought process behind it.

Edited by 757-NINER

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Based off of recent deals, what would you anticipate an Aiyuk extension being for? 

ARSB at 30M AAV
Smitty at 25M AAV
AJ Brown at 32M AAV

1 hour ago, Danger said:

What are the details on that? I heard there was some trickery at play, but never looked into it

I'd say he comes in slightly below ARSB, but the structure is the primary component. Not really trickery on ARSB, just backloaded and he had a year left on a mid round pick contract which his extension was given to on top of and his last year. So he got a 4 year extension, but its payable over 5 years of actual contract. 

I don’t know much (anything) about him but after watching a few highlights I wonder if Shanny wanted his own Puka Nakua to help move the chains on third down. This guy doesn’t seem like a replacement for Deebo, Aiyuk, or Jennings to me. Seems like a new toy that Shanahan thinks could help expand what he can do on offense. 

Wouldn’t have been my pick, I think there’s waaaay bigger needs, like keeping your QB upright or keeping the opposing teams QB from staying upright, but just my guess as to the motivation for the pick. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

damn nfl execs, don't get carried away. 

I watched that video of all his targets that someone posted here yesterday and man, he had to work for the receptions and yards he got. Note to self: Don't draft Graham Mertz. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I watched that video of all his targets that someone posted here yesterday and man, he had to work for the receptions and yards he got. Note to self: Don't draft Graham Mertz. 

He's a very, very legit ball tracker and ball adjuster. 

• Like 4

I've warmed up to the pick.  Wanted Cooper or Newton, but the fact is Newton must have dropped so far for a reason (foot issue on a 300 lb dude?).  Cooper is kind of a weird prospect in that he might not have a clear fit immediately, and Safety is kind of a low value position these days.  

JPJ would've been great, but a lot of teams passed on him too, and there seems to be medical issues......plus this draft is VERY deep at Center.  

So overall, I've talked myself into this pick.  If they were gonna get a WR, for me it was McConkey, and this guy is basically a stronger more physical McConkey.  

There will be no doghouse for this kid either, he lives and breathes football and effort.  No issues there.  Slick Rick!

giphy.gif

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Starting to get excited about the kid. Kinda like I said what I thought Kyle might have been looking for in a Nakua type, now I’m getting excited about that. Particularly the part where they say QBs best friend on third downs. I see him with a ton of receptions and being that guy on third down that you see opposing coaches throwing their hands in the air wondering how he was left open again. And when you got the other weapons the Niners have, no way they can put that much attention on Pearsall in the slot or you leave the even more dangerous weapons open.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

Starting to get excited about the kid. Kinda like I said what I thought Kyle might have been looking for in a Nakua type, now I’m getting excited about that. Particularly the part where they say QBs best friend on third downs. I see him with a ton of receptions and being that guy on third down that you see opposing coaches throwing their hands in the air wondering how he was left open again. And when you got the other weapons the Niners have, no way they can put that much attention on Pearsall in the slot or you leave the even more dangerous weapons open.  

I'm pretty excited as well. I'm starting to think they may have hit a home run but we'll see.