2024 draft: Florida WR Ricky Pearsall #31

Forge

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

I'm wondering whether they planned to pick Worthy before being jumped by the Chiefs.

I kind of get that impression, but I have nothing to support that other than KC obviously thought someone was going to take him or they wouldn’t have traded up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Dejean could play everywhere, and CB is most definitely a need.. we have Mooney, Lenoir, and dudes.

I like Dejean and definitely feel like safety is a BIG need.

But he isn't the only DB in the draft.

We were definitely going to take a WR fairly early...that shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

We'll agree to disagree on the CBs.

I'm very high on our CB room as is currently constructed.

And we're definitely going to add a CB at some point.

I think a guy like Melton will be in play @63 if he and we are still in there when that pick rolls around.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I kind of get that impression, but I have nothing to support that other than KC obviously thought someone was going to take him or they wouldn’t have traded up.

The Chiefs may have had that concern, but I still highly doubt that Kyle wanted Worthy. Like, Pearsall fights like heck as a blocker with his limited frame. Worthy is not capable physically of blocking nickels. He does other things. I think Bill Belichick's analysis on the separate stream was right that the 9ers simply won't take guys if they don't block and they don't do at least an average amount after the catch.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I like Dejean and definitely feel like safety is a BIG need.

But he isn't the only DB in the draft.

We were definitely going to take a WR fairly early...that shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

We'll agree to disagree on the CBs.

I'm very high on our CB room as is currently constructed.

And we're definitely going to add a CB at some point.

I think a guy like Melton will be in play @63 if he and we are still in there when that pick rolls around.

I hope you're right, and them not making a move for one of those CBs who slipped suggests that it's not a high priority for them either

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

I'm wondering whether they planned to pick Worthy before being jumped by the Chiefs.

I doubt it.

Shanny isn't as enamored with speed as some ppl think.

He wants speed with other intangibles that I don't believe Worthy possesses at this time.

You and I may drool at the thought of Worthy in this offense.

I don't think Shanny does tbh.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Who are you guys trading? And to who are you hoping?

I think that we are trading Deebo for a third round pick of some variety, if I had to make a guess. The second guess would be that we'll trade no one for a while and deal Deebo later this year or next year. The third guess would be that we deal Aiyuk to a team with one of the top 10 picks in the second round and some change. But I think that the first two are most likely.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Who are you guys trading? And to who are you hoping?

Looks like if one gets moved, it will be Deebo. It never made sense to trade Aiyuk unless we could have ended up with one of the top three WRs in the class. 

I am not hoping to trade Deebo but the business is the business and it looks like we have to make a tough decision. No way was this team ever going to pay 50M to two WRs with how it is set up. We have big money players everywhere on the roster. 

• Like 4

Just now, JIllg said:

I think that we are trading Deebo for a third round pick of some variety, if I had to make a guess. The second guess would be that we'll trade no one for a while and deal Deebo later this year or next year. The third guess would be that we deal Aiyuk to a team with one of the top 10 picks in the second round and some change. But I think that the first two are most likely.

Heard a lot of speculation Bills are trying to swap 33 for Aiyuk, y'all interested in that deal all things considered? 

How many years does Deebo have left? I definitely think Aiyuk is better but Deebo is cheaper based off when he signed his deal.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like if one gets moved, it will be Deebo. It never made sense to trade Aiyuk unless we could have ended up with one of the top three WRs in the class. 

I am not hoping to trade Deebo but the business is the business and it looks like we have to make a tough decision. No way was this team ever going to pay 50M to two WRs with how it is set up. We have big money players everywhere on the roster. 

Based off of recent deals, what would you anticipate an Aiyuk extension being for? 

ARSB at 30M AAV
Smitty at 25M AAV
AJ Brown at 32M AAV

Just now, Danger said:

Heard a lot of speculation Bills are trying to swap 33 for Aiyuk, y'all interested in that deal all things considered? 

How many years does Deebo have left? I definitely think Aiyuk is better but Deebo is cheaper based off when he signed his deal.

Personally, I think that Aiyuk was one of the most impactful players in the NFL last year - Brock had the highest deep ball completion percentage in recorded history in part because Aiyuk comes down with passes that others don't - and would give him the 30 million dollar bag and trade Deebo. But there is room for contention there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Based off of recent deals, what would you anticipate an Aiyuk extension being for? 

ARSB at 30M AAV
Smitty at 25M AAV
AJ Brown at 32M AAV

ARSB'a true AAV is not 30M. But Aiyuk will get around what he got. And he will deserve it and is the one weapon on our team that is ascending. Again, it never made sense to trade him. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

ARSB'a true AAV is not 30M. But Aiyuk will get around what he got. And he will deserve it and is the one weapon on our team that is ascending. Again, it never made sense to trade him. 

What are the details on that? I heard there was some trickery at play, but never looked into it