2024 draft: Florida WR Ricky Pearsall #31

Forge

30 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Steve Smith likes him and he’s had great breakdowns on receiver prospects. 

Steve Smith knows ball, but he also likes everyone. He has something good to say about literally every single WR prospect outside of Jerry jeudy. 

He was high on mingo and QJ. Until he doesn't hype up every single WR, I'm not listening to him. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just burning money on niche players. This was a stacked draft at receiver. They were always going to get one

That is fair, but also, he was so clutch in the playoffs and the Superbowl that I will not complain about keeping him on the roster. 

I don't give a sh!t about jeds money. I wanted them to go all in after 2019. I want them to do everything physically possible to win a Superbowl in 2024. 

While I understand your point, it is very hard for a WR to earn reps as a rookie here. Ricky will probably get a lot of snaps, but some 3rd-7th round WR probably wouldn't. So having jauan for a year helps bridge the gap. With Ricky, it makes sense to let jauan go because he is ready to go. This is why Kyle wants the draft before FA. 

• Like 1

Yeah as a win now team; using late firsts to red shirt picks is horrible horrible horrible process.  a first round pick for a third receiver who ..maybe fills a gap in year 2 is horrible process.  Using a first round pick on 5-6 touches a game is horrible process. 

I get it if he’s coming into a starting job. Won’t complain and as a prospect he’s in range so don’t even care to call it a reach, but is he even guaranteed to beat out Jennings? Bell? This is just bad process again. We bail ourselves out all the time with FAs and late picks but if we want to keep Brock alive and growing, this has to be a hit. And honestly wasting a year (assuming no receivers get traded) so he can maybe be a good 2 is a literal waste of time.

Corner and offensive line will be the end of us. Again. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah as a win now team; using late firsts to red shirt picks is horrible horrible horrible process.  a first round pick for a third receiver who ..maybe fills a gap in year 2 is horrible process.  Using a first round pick on 5-6 touches a game is horrible process. 

I get it if he’s coming into a starting job. Won’t complain and as a prospect he’s in range so don’t even care to call it a reach, but is he even guaranteed to beat out Jennings? Bell? This is just bad process again. We bail ourselves out all the time with FAs and late picks but if we want to keep Brock alive and growing, this has to be a hit. And honestly wasting a year (assuming no receivers get traded) so he can maybe be a good 2 is a literal waste of time.

Corner and offensive line will be the end of us. Again. 

Kool Aide would not have been a horrible pick there. Dejean if they wanted a safety nickel hybrid for the cover 3 zone.

I hope he grows on me.  He is fast and athletic.  He's probably smart.  I'll just hope for the best on this one.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Steve Smith knows ball, but he also likes everyone. He has something good to say about literally every single WR prospect outside of Jerry jeudy. 

He was high on mingo and QJ. Until he doesn't hype up every single WR, I'm not listening to him. 

So you can listen to him lol jk

Pearsall, who grew up in Chandler, Ariz., said he’s never met Purdy, who’s from nearby Gilbert. But he said he remembers playing Purdy’s team in high school in 2017.

“I’ll be the first to admit it,” Persall said. “We played each other. I think he put 70 on my team. I remember him because he was in the end zone a lot.”

Pearsall was good that day. He had eight catches for 184 yards and two touchdowns. Purdy, however, had four passing touchdowns in the 70-24 win.

• Like 1

Why is everyone screaming for a CB??

Where is the need for a CB??

What CB in this draft was going to leapfrog Luter, Womack, Lenoir, Thomas, Yi, etc. for meaningful snaps?

I see alot ppl claiming a Perasall doesn't make us better because he won't see the field as much.

Well neither would ANY CB picked in the same spot.

Personally I liked Pearsall.

I liked him alot.

I didn't think he'd be the pick at 31 but it's not as big of a reach imo.

If he was the first pick of Day 2, I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

What the SB loss did was exposed our lack of depth at WR, among other things.

We need more guys that have the ability to separate and be a three-level WR.

Pearsall is a step in that direction.

Wasn't a sexy pick for our needs and I get the angst.

But I'm going to let the rest of the draft play out to see if address other deficiencies in the team.

• Like 1

Matt Harmon knows WRs better than anyone in the media. I love everything I've read and heard about the kid this morning, and Kyle already said he's the PR. Anticipating a Deebo trade, but even if it doesn't happen this will be nice insurance for when he's hurt

• Like 1