2024 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

All three defenders are speed over size guys.  Cooper seems kinda slender, Bullard is small, Hopkins is small.  Not sure if that's coincidence or Haffley's concept.  Will be interested to see how they hold up, as well as how they do for tackling.  

Cooper with Quay is an interesting pairing.  Not sure how they score in the decision-making green-dot departments.  But yeah, the speed to chase receivers and to chase running backs trying to get around the corner might be terrific.  

9 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Didn't we draft Kraft in the 3rd? 

can we wait and see how these players do before saying we're cursed in the 3rd lol 

No. We have legitimate issues with the 3rd round going back years. Yes, Kraft was drafted in the 3rd and that's fine. I like Kraft and I've written "except Kraft" elsewhere just not ITT. Sue me. Quote me next time. 

It's a viable concern. Our 3rd round philosophy is a viable concern. 

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Surprise for me was neither corner nor OL today.  I assumed one of the 3rd-rounders would go to one of those spots.  

Zinter and Puni went right before us in the 3rd. Both could have been in play.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. We have legitimate issues with the 3rd round going back years. Yes, Kraft was drafted in the 3rd and that's fine. I like Kraft and I've written "except Kraft" elsewhere just not ITT. Sue me. Quote me next time. 

It's a viable concern. Our 3rd round philosophy is a viable concern. 

i wouldn't go that far. coincidental

Age really never bothers me unless you're like 25 territory, they're both 23, I can live with that. Lloyd and Hopper aren't even bad players, and  you needed to fill out those rooms too. You can fix fumbling issues, that can be coached up to secure it better. Lloyd has all the explosiveness in the world to be a special player if he cleans some things up. Hopper might be a reach but I don't hate his tape what I see thus far. 

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Age really never bothers me unless you're like 25 territory, they're both 23, I can live with that. Lloyd and Hopper aren't even bad players, and  you needed to fill out those rooms too. You can fix fumbling issues, that can be coached up to secure it better. Lloyd has all the explosiveness in the world to be a special player if he cleans some things up. Hopper might be a reach but I don't hate his tape what I see thus far. 

See, I can find 2 prospects that are likely either on even playing field or just flat out better that are significantly younger. 

Jaylen Wright is 21 all of the NFL season and Cedric Gray is 21 until end of October. 

Edited by beekay414

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

See, I can find 2 prospects that are likely either on even playing field or just flat out better that are significantly younger. 

Jaylen Wright is 21 all of the NFL season and Cedric Gray is 21 until end of October. 

2 years older doesn't bother me too much, if you happen to get 7 years out of both these players it's still a win. If you like those players better though I can't argue, just going off of the guys we took, I don't think they're bad picks until they prove they are.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

2 years older doesn't bother me too much, if you happen to get 7 years out of both these players it's still a win. If you like those players better though I can't argue, just going off of the guys we took, I don't think they're bad picks until they prove they are.

We do this song and dance every year. Age matters. It matters in physical development. 

EDIT - Not trying to be combative. Just trying to prove a point.

Edited by beekay414

39 minutes ago, craig said:

Surprise for me was neither corner nor OL today.  I assumed one of the 3rd-rounders would go to one of those spots.  

Bullard is going to be interchangeable at slot corner and safety 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We do this song and dance every year. Age matters. It matters in physical development. 

EDIT - Not trying to be combative. Just trying to prove a point.

Yeah you definitely like to see that early breakout age. Sometimes older prospects have early breakouts (like Jayden Reed)