2024 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

After the RD2 trade down, I expected Gute to use the extra ammo to move into early/mid RD3 rather than waiting it out.  Would have been nice to have landed Zinter or Puni to go with Lloyd.

• Like 3

Just now, Isherwood said:

I get the distinct feeling that some teams (including us) are already in their “late round fliers” bag…

Once you get into the mid/late third, the boards that the draftniks and amateurs come up with look vastly different than what teams are actually thinking.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

That seemed early for Hopper.    Only pick I want back so far but I do appreciate the addition to the LB room.    

Still would have taken the risk on Payton Wilson

Even a few years of Wilson could have been useful in this SB window GB is opening up.

• Like 1

Just now, Striker said:

Once you get into the mid/late third, the boards that the draftniks and amateurs come up with look vastly different than what teams are actually thinking.

Yep. Not to excuse the Hopper pick, which I don’t love, but Gute has a history of emphasizing ST as a real unit to make picks for. It’s one of the few things he’s not good at! But he does do that. 

26 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I get the distinct feeling that some teams (including us) are already in their “late round fliers” bag…

We’ve got an air force of fliers left. This might be the toughest year as an UDFA to crack Packers’ roster in a long time. Going to be pretty crowded with late rounders. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

I'd love Lloyd or Wright in the 3rd and if we wait - I just really like Kimani Vidal late

Like Vidal as well.   Something about those small school RB, much like Jones was

Well gents I will be away for day 3, got the draft DVR-ed should be able to watch it in the evening to share my thoughts with you all. @CWood21 bring er home for us, I usually make a UDFA thread to so someone take the charge there.

If Gute could draft Dadrion Taylor-Demerson for me, I'd appreciate it.