2024 Draft Rounds 2-7

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

UDFA's signed so far:

Drake Stoops (as in Bob Stoops' son), WR, Oklahoma
Josh Wallace, CB, Michigan
Kenny Logan, S, Kansas
Neal Johnson, TE, Louisiana
Blake Larson, OT, Augustana (6'6", 311 lbs, 84" wingspan)
Oman Speights, ILB, LSU (I was really hoping we'd get him and we ponied up a $9k signing bonus to do it apparently)
Justin Dedich, C, USC
Anthony Goodlow, DE, OkSt
David Olajiga, DT, Central Missouri
Jaylen McCullough, S, Tennesee
JJ Laap, WR, SUNY Cortland
Sam WIglusz, WR, Ohio

Any of these guys solid pick ups? I don’t know much about them. I know a little of Stoops and have heard the Goodlow signing is good. 

Absolutely LOVED this draft and I’m not one to just hype up every pick they make because it’s my team who made it. 

I like this class even better than I liked last years and I loved last years. I say that in regards to instant reaction rather than hindsight knowing how last years turned out. 

Verse was my #2 Edge, behind Latu. Love what he brings to our team and he’s a great complement to BY. 

Pairing him up with his former teammate is brilliant. Fiske in his own right is a beast but the two of them playing next to each other again creates synergy. 

Corum is KW 2.0 with maybe a little more speed. Our offense won’t miss a beat when Kyren needs a breather or goes down to injury. 

Kinchens is a total modern Rams pick—great player who didn’t have great testing/measurables but plays better than he tested. Ballhawk who can also make a big hit. 

Brennan Jackson was probably my least favorite pick but even that one I liked. I liked taking another Edge at that spot but I’d have probably gone Kamara or Solomon. But I love Jackson’s energy and football IQ and approach. 

Tyler Davis is going to be a solid NT in this league for the next 6-8 years. He won’t be anything special but you’ll never need to worry about him holding up his end when he’s on the field. 

I know I was certainly in the minority but Karty was my favorite kicker in this class. Great leg 

Then just some solid depth pieces. I was really hoping we came away with a solid backup center and we got just that. Whittington is gonna take over for that Benny Sko role after next year and be a core special teamer in the meantime. 

A+++

Absolutely crushed it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Tyler Davis is going to be a solid NT in this league for the next 6-8 years. He won’t be anything special but you’ll never need to worry about him holding up his end when he’s on the field. 

Davis kind of reminds me of what we had in Greg Gaines. Not in the measurables or any of that but in that he's a tough run first defender type who will also get after the QB sometimes. Something we lacked since Gaines left. 

55 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Davis kind of reminds me of what we had in Greg Gaines. Not in the measurables or any of that but in that he's a tough run first defender type who will also get after the QB sometimes. Something we lacked since Gaines left. 

There are a number of talking heads, grain of salt and all as to how much credence you give the opinions of talking heads, who called Davis the best run-defending DT in this draft class.  One of them threw out the belief that if Davis can put on "good weight" without sacrificing his agility and learn to use his hands better, he could touch the heights of Brandon Williams who used man the middle for the Ravens for a number of years.

• Like 1

I dont think Im being crazy when I say this but the Rams defense this season looks better than it did last season and thats without Donald. I feel like its complete as a whole from the front to the back. The only thing I worry is outside of Earnest Jones the Rams dont have a guy at that position. But everywhere else on defense it looks legit. And when you dont have Donald you need a bunch of players to make up for his loss. The Rams did that.

I expect the Rams to be an NFCCG caliber team this season as a result of a defense that has potential to be top 10 and an offense that should be a top 10. Not to mention we finally solved our kicker problem with getting a stud kicker in Karty. We lost multiple games last season from poor kicking but I dont fear that anymore with Karty. I know he is a rookie and we saw the Niners rookie Moody have his struggles especially later in the season but Karty is a stud so he is going to come through in big moments along with not making the should be automatics dramatics.

I just love when a draft has a direction and I dont feel like they reached for a need. This draft checked both of those boxes.

Between last season and this season draft, our defense is entirely rebuilt. It's young, but the talent and approach is crystal clear. 

Our front 7 is LEGIT. Size up front that we haven't had in a LONG time. I truly think we see more 4 down linemen this season and it makes sense with AD leaving. His best football is him on the edge playing in space. But we dont have that caliber or type of player so we pivot with Turner, Fiske, Davis, Verse, Bobby Brown, Brennan Jackson. So much size there.

Beaux Limmer is a ******* bohemoth. Saw a video this morning of him squatting 700lb at Arkansas. 6'5 302, great iOL depth.

Offensively, we go Jordan Whittington WR and Blake Corum. Corum I hated in the moment. He went where he should have, but I didnt want a backup drafted where we could have gotten a starter, but after being reminded going 1-3 with no Kyren Williams. I get it. These two behind that massive O-Line will churn out 4-4.5 yards a clip.

Whittington looks the part. 4.42 speed, 6'1 205lbs and wants to block. Extremely intelligent. Could easily be WR4 by end of the season with his ability to make catches over the middle.

Oh and Kam Kinchens/Kam Curl Safety duo is the most excited I've been for our safety's since...2018? Prime John Johnson Lamarcus Joyner. 

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2024 at 7:54 PM, MDY10 said:

Any of these guys solid pick ups? I don’t know much about them. I know a little of Stoops and have heard the Goodlow signing is good. 

Omar Speights will probably be an upgrade over Rozeboom. Otherwise I don't see the rest of those guys making the roster.