4.108 - Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon - #31

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Via Fox 5, someone opened fire in the parking lot at Wise High School, striking a man in the chest and a woman in the leg. The shooting happened after the vigil ended.

The man who was shot died later at a hospital. Per the Fox 5 report, the shooting happened despite a strong police presence in and around the vigil.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vigil-at-khyree-jacksons-high-school-is-marred-by-a-fatal-shooting

It's all about the company you keep....

26 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Kevin Seifert@SeifertESPN

The Vikings will pay Jackson's signing bonus of $827,148 to his estate. The team says it's "our understanding" that the NFLPA will support his estate as well.

It’s the right thing to do.

• Like 3

Via Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com, the Vikings will be paying for a “significant” portion of the funeral expenses.

Coach Kevin O’Connell, G.M. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, defensive coordinator Brian Flores, and others will attend Jackson’s funeral.

The Vikings also announced on Monday that Jackson’s locker will go unused this season. The team will wear helmet decals in his honor throughout the year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-to-pay-significant-portion-of-khyree-jacksons-funeral-expenses

• Like 3

Adofo-Mensah on something Khyree Jackson said in the draft process which added to why they selected him... He said, 'There's no wishes in this life. You get out of life what you put into it.' Between his joy, the way he attacked life, and also just that hard-working spirit, was partly why we were so excited to add him to this building, this culture."

Khyree Jackson could have been a really good professional football player, I bet he would have started this up coming season a few games potentially.  'There's no wishes in this life. You get out of life what you put into it.'   That is one heck of a quote and speaks to his character

• Like 3

The Vikings will cover more than $20,000 of expenses for Khyree Jackson’s funeral, which is scheduled for this Friday. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, Kevin O’Connell, Brian Flores, Matt Daniels and Daronte Jones will be among those in attendance.

The funeral is a joint service with Isaiah Hazel, one of Jackson’s high school teammates who was also killed in the July 6 crash.

https://purpleptsd.com/2024/vikings/opinion/the-vikings-are-right-thing/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 2

Dallas Turner and Khyree Jackson were teammates at Alabama, and they were due to be teammates again with the Vikings. Turner has placed Jackson’s nameplate above his own in Minnesota’s locker room, and Jackson's funeral is Friday.

Turner: “So that was really a dude that I saw every single day, and really I’ve seen him grow from Alabama to when he went to Oregon. He went through his trials and tribulations over there. We ended up at the same place once again. So, I kind of felt like that meant something, and that was my dude every single day after practice this spring. He was around with me at the hotel, hanging out with each other in the hotel every day and just talking crap and stuff like that with each other, just having fun."

“That was a dude that really helped me grow as a person. He helped me realize who I was, and he helped me build my confidence off the field and on the field in a way. But he was definitely a very impactful person.”

“As long as I’m alive, I’ll rep his name."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dallas-turner-on-khyree-jackson-i-know-hes-watching-over-me

• Like 1

O'Connell:  "[The funeral] was an incredibly sad day and somber. You guys know how I felt personally about Khyree and just in my short time what he proved to me, who he is as a person and who had already become a great teammate. It's easy to share messages and thoughts that you truly do feel and believe, but it doesn't help make it any easier in that setting.

"I just hope I did Khyree justice and really our whole team that didn't make the trip. I felt like it was important that we represented everyone and the Minnesota Vikings the way we like to, where we think the standards of how we treat our players, their families, there's no greater moment than that to go do that."

O'Connell, General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, Defensive Coordinator Brian Flores, Special Teams Coordinator Matt Daniels and passing game coordinator/defensive backs coach Daronte Jones were joined by Vikings rookies Dallas Turner, Taki Taimani and Jeshaun Jones in making the trip for the funeral.

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1