53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

2 hours ago, R T said:

This obsessing about a different backup QB is pure Packer fan insanity. 

Surely Gutes knows that any other marginal or washed-up old player will save the sky from falling on the Packers season.   

I mean it's only a topic being widely discussed by the Packers media, beat writers, X bloggers...and fans. 

But yea, it's insane to talk about it...on a fan forum. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean it's only a topic being widely discussed by the Packers media, beat writers, X bloggers...and fans. 

But yea, it's insane to talk about it...on a fan forum. 

Finally got sick of him and his condescending posts about message board conversations. Ignore feature is very nice in this situation. 

• Like 1

QB: Love / Clifford
RB: Jacobs / Dillon / Wilson 
WR: Waston / Doubs / Reed / Wicks / Melton / Heath
TE: Musgrave / Kraft / Sims 
OL: Walker / Jenkins / Myers / Rhyan / Tom / Dillard / Newman /Monk / Morgan / Glover

DL: Clark / Wyatt / Brooks / Wooden / Slaton 
EDGE: Smith / Gary / LVN / Enagbare 
LB: Walker / Cooper / McDuffie / Hopper / Wilson
CB: Alexander / Stokes / Nixon / Ballentine / Valentine / King
S: McKinney / Bullard / Williams / Johnson / Oladapo / Anderson

K: Carlson
P: Whalen
LS: Orzech 

IR: Lloyd / Davis

Edited by R T

LOL!  Fun reading about the backup QB.

I'm good either way, but if Zach Wilson were to be cut?  I'd give that some thought.  Both ways.

Like, I feel like he has arm talent, he is athletic.

Then I go back to the JETS.  All he had to do is not lose games with that defense.  And he looked pretty bad.  A good game here and there, but for the most part, he looked bad.

Maybe we have that kind of defense here now, probably though we do not.  

So I'm just really not sure what to make of Wilson besides the fact that he passes my "eyeball test" when it comes to the arm and athletic ability.

Then I think about it...Pratt has a stronger arm (I think).  Clifford has been in the system for a year.  Each can move in the pocket.

Then I get stuck and feel like it is Pratt or Clifford over Wilson.

Long way for me to say this...if we can't get Tannehill in here on a cheap deal, then I feel like it is Clifford and Pratt goes to PS.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm good either way, but if Zach Wilson were to be cut?  I'd give that some thought.  Both ways.

Then I go back to the JETS.  All he had to do is not lose games with that defense.  And he looked pretty bad.  A good game here and there, but for the most part, he looked bad.

So I'm just really not sure what to make of Wilson besides the fact that he passes my "eyeball test" when it comes to the arm and athletic ability.

Then I think about it...Pratt has a stronger arm (I think).  Clifford has been in the system for a year.  Each can move in the pocket.

Long way for me to say this...if we can't get Tannehill in here on a cheap deal, then I feel like it is Clifford and Pratt goes to PS.

I'd go Pratt on the 53.  Clifford won't get claimed we can put him on the PS if we so chose.  At least Pratt has some upside.  If Wilson get released and we can get him for 2-3 mil/yr maybe I'd consider it.  Reclamation projects rarely work out though.  So at the end of the day it should be Pratt.  Cliffy regressed this year.  Not good.  Honestly I'd probably just cut bait.  

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Did you see that offensive line Wilson was playing behind? He also had Hackett as his OC, who did him no favors. 

I think Clemons could turn him into something. 

3 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

We don't want to keep Welch?

Welch could very easily be on the 53. I just looked at it as a player who is probably an easy player to get to the PS but would be called up to the 53 and signed the first time a player was lost to injury. He was a coin toss with Anderson for me anyways.   

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'd go Pratt on the 53.  Clifford won't get claimed we can put him on the PS if we so chose.  At least Pratt has some upside.  If Wilson get released and we can get him for 2-3 mil/yr maybe I'd consider it.  Reclamation projects rarely work out though.  So at the end of the day it should be Pratt.  Cliffy regressed this year.  Not good.  Honestly I'd probably just cut bait.  

Denver has him for 2.7 million for each of the next two years. They have Stidham for 7 million this year, but only 2 guaranteed.

I think that becomes the tie breaker in Denver and they keep Wilson. They have eaten so much cap $ this year because of the Russ Wilson debacle. 

So, upon further review, I'm not claiming Stidham and paying him close to 5 million. If I can get him to sign at the vet minimum, I'm in. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Denver has him for 2.7 million for each of the next two years. They have Stidham for 7 million this year, but only 2 guaranteed.

I think that becomes the tie breaker in Denver and they keep Wilson. 

There more than likely will be teams that carry 3 QBs and Denver and Atlanta are probably 2 of them. 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Who is "we?"  I certainly do.  And I think he has made the team based on his preseason showing.  

I haven't seen many people have him in their final 53. It's also fair that there isn't many posts after his great performance against the Ravens. 

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Did you see that offensive line Wilson was playing behind? He also had Hackett as his OC, who did him no favors. 

I think Clemons could turn him into something. 

Yup.  But, Clemons is working with Clifford and Pratt right now, so that point is a wash.

And again, with the Jets, all he had to do is not lose games.  And he couldn't do that.  He kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

To me, he is not trustable right now, after what I saw in New York.  

So I feel like, though I like the skills, I'll stick with one of our guys.  I give the nod to Clifford just because he's been in the offense for a year.  No reason to think that Pratt gets picked up if we cut him, so he goes to the PS.

32 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'd rather fish. Clifford is not the answer. I remember when Gute drafted him as the last "draftable" QB.  A lot of us were surprised he was draftable. He hasn't shown much. Pratt has some potential but needs a year to develop on the PS.