53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

Just now, Chili said:

Does this mean now that Dillard and Joseph are locked in with fully guaranteed contracts or do we still have time before the first game to cut them?

The date that matters is week 1 game day.

37 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Not to mention we need someone to fill our mullet quota. I bet Rhyan could turn that mane into a mean mullet so could serve a dual role as scapegoat, mullet king and oh yeah, starting RG. 

100% fit.  RG.  Mullet.  Kindda crappy.

I have a feeling that after 3 games or so, we will be wishing we had spent the $10M on Runyan.

Also...regarding Newman.  Dude gets bashed all the time on here, for good reason.  But, he was an example of a kid who has started games in the NFL and can get you out of games if needed.

I don't see another one like him at guard on the roster.  So, this could mean that Monk is showing better than we thought, or that Morgan is in fact a RG.  Cuz losing Newman doesn't seem like much until you realize that what is behind him is completely unproven.  So GB must like that unproven talent in order to do this.

Just now, vegas492 said:

I have a feeling that after 3 games or so, we will be wishing we had spent the $10M on Runyan.

Also...regarding Newman.  Dude gets bashed all the time on here, for good reason.  But, he was an example of a kid who has started games in the NFL and can get you out of games if needed.

I don't see another one like him at guard on the roster.  So, this could mean that Monk is showing better than we thought, or that Morgan is in fact a RG.  Cuz losing Newman doesn't seem like much until you realize that what is behind him is completely unproven.  So GB must like that unproven talent in order to do this.

I just can't see justifying taking Morgan with a FRP and not giving him at the very least the first crack at the first open job.

For that reason, Newman makes no sense with Morgan on the roster as a backup.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I just can't see justifying taking Morgan with a FRP and not giving him at the very least the first crack at the first open job.

For that reason, Newman makes no sense with Morgan on the roster as a backup.

I have to make peace with the fact that for now, Morgan is a RG.  It makes me a little sad, but it is what it is.  Hopefully he evolves into more. (tackle)

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It's because of Monk and Rhyan.  They will be the primary back up interior guys.  Morgan will take over RG soon enough.  Has to get healthy injury set him back some.