What would you have done differently?

TVScout

Posted (edited)

Parsons wants to be a full time DE. He does not want to play ILB at all. Except his natural position is ILB and at DE he is an epic fail.

Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano made an appearance on The33rd Team recently, and revealed that the Arizona Cardinals may have created the blueprint as to how to beat Dallas.

"Run at Micah Parsons!" said Pagano. "They came up with a blueprint and damn did they run at his a**, and they put big bodies on him...he's a smaller guy (than some defensive ends)," said Pagano. "You get a tight end and a tackle and doubling him ... I think Dallas is going to have some issues.''

In their stunning 28-16 victory over the Cowboys, Arizona ended up rushing for 222 yards on 7.4 yards per carry, with two touchdowns. James Conner did a bulk of the damage, as he alone accounted for 14 carries for 98 yards and a score, on seven yards per carry. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-micah-parsons-scouting-run-defense-blueprint-***-weakness

Edited by TVScout

30 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Parsons wants to be a full time DE. He does not want to play ILB at all. Except his natural position is ILB and at DE he is an epic fail.

Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano made an appearance on The33rd Team recently, and revealed that the Arizona Cardinals may have created the blueprint as to how to beat Dallas.

"Run at Micah Parsons!" said Pagano. "They came up with a blueprint and damn did they run at his a**, and they put big bodies on him...he's a smaller guy (than some defensive ends)," said Pagano. "You get a tight end and a tackle and doubling him ... I think Dallas is going to have some issues.''

In their stunning 28-16 victory over the Cowboys, Arizona ended up rushing for 222 yards on 7.4 yards per carry, with two touchdowns. James Conner did a bulk of the damage, as he alone accounted for 14 carries for 98 yards and a score, on seven yards per carry. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-micah-parsons-scouting-run-defense-blueprint-***-weakness

So...how does that support your position that two rookies in Wiggins and Wilson would be better than Parsons? Wiggins wouldn't have been in on any of those plays, and Wilson is lighter than Parsons.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Quoting a fired coach every third post doesn’t make you right about everything.

You know what you’re missing as you cite Parsons’s underwhelming playoff stats? The fact that Dallas has made the playoffs three years in a row with him on their roster, something they hadn’t managed since 95-97. Who else deserves the most credit for this? The quarterback, who only made it 2 of his first 5 years? The head coach whom you’ve referred to as a dullard? The GM that hasn’t made a conference championship since Clinton’s first term?

There is a conversation to be had about whether Parsons’ specificity as a player and tendency to run himself ragged by the end of the year is holding this team back in the playoffs. But to call him an “epic fail” of a player is just inflammatory, borderline trolling. He’s obviously one of if not the primary reason we’ve been getting there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Wilson is lighter than Parsons .............

He is a team player. With Parsons it is about me, me, me. All Parsons can do is charge across the line and tackle who ever has the ball. Wilson can do the same thing from ILB. Plus Wilson has vastly better instincts and is super effective in coverage. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TVScout said:

That's not new - Eagles did that to us 2 years ago and other teams did as well, including SF.  Micah can't hold the PoA against a double, that's true, but he's usually good at splitting them or ducking under them.  Eagles liked to use pulling guards/tackles to cross over and smash him.  He tends to duck under them to get to the middle, letting the RB bounce outside to where he was.

Edited by MaddHatter

14 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Graham Barton. Trey Benson over Kneeland. I'm cool with the rest

If we drafted Barton, it would also mean that we wouldn't have drafted Beebe, as he was the trade compensation we received by trading down.

• Like 1

I don't watch Cowboys all that much, but the games I have seen with Parsons he is best player on field on defense.   A guy that can wreck game plans.  To down play his contributions, based on what I have seen I would not agree.   

But, you have to sign Dak, Cee Dee and Micah soon though, no?  That's going to be a lot of money.  You CAN do it.  But WILL they do it?  

As an NFL GM I am not trading for Dak or any WR outside of someone who completely changes game plans like a Tyreek Hill.  The WR talent in league keeps growing and it is growing in college football.   So the guy I would want is Parsons.

I would consider doing a Khalil Mack trade if you can get one (not as Bears, but as general NFL GM).  Just make better picks than Raiders did with it.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that’s proud of them for not reaching on RBs? Would I have like to have one, yes. But to me it’s not the end of the world that we didn’t take one. Mainly because Fat Mac doesn’t know how to use a damn RB anyway. So we’ll suffer thru this year with our current RB room, then grab one next year when the time is right