2025 NFL Draft Thread

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Depends on the compensation. Maybe a day 3 pick, surround him with the Raiders pass catchers and see if he can turn it around.

Not really a fan, but might take a flyer on Hendon Hooker at this point. Goff is the present and future there. Hooker is at least worth a look as a starter. 

Figure hed be cheap, if they decided to restart their clock. 

Hooker looked good, needs to learn how to slide though lol 

@Ravens - Loss.  Will be ugly.  No faith in winning this.  We are outcoached, outplayed at QB, defense starts to break during second half.  Tae will be upset with production.  Z. White will most likely show that he can't find the open hole again.  I will most likely not watch the entire game.

Panthers - Win.  If this isn't a win, I will probably stop watching the Raiders after this game.  I will just wait for news of Ws and then watch the highlights of the Ws after the game is over.  I too believe if we lose this game, we should strip the team down and start from complete scratch.  This has to be a win.  I will lose all faith if it isn't.

Browns - Win.  I have no idea what this will become at this time.  D. Watson was terrible against a really good Cowboys team.  We are not a really good Cowboys team.  Could turn into a mud fight between two boxers with no knockout punch.  Because the game is at home I will say this is a win.

@Broncos - Win.  Bo Nix is trash.  I have no idea how they put up 20 when he through 2 INTs and led his team in rushing.  

Steelers - Loss.  JJ Watt will most likely kill Minshew.  His aura will be dying before our eyes this game.

@Rams - Loss.  I think the Rams have the better coach and roster.

Chiefs - Loss.  I don't expect to beat them this year.  

@Bengals - Loss.  I just think they're the better team.  

@Dolphins - Loss.  Too much speed on offense.  Just a really good team.  We always lose in Miami.  It's that dang heat.  They have us on the sideline with no shade/cover and we have to wear our black jerseys.

Broncos - Win.  They suck.  Boo the Broncos.  Boo...

@Chiefs - Loss.  I hate them.

@Bucs - Loss.  Just a better team.

Falcons - Loss.  Toss up of a game.  But reality is we haven't beaten them in 24 years.  I don't expect the Raiders to beat them this year either.

Jags - Win.  I just feel good about this game.  I feel like they will be imploding as much as we are by the time this game is played.  

@Saints - Loss.  Derek Carr is going to hand us our butts.  And he isn't going to swear at all at us.  He's going to praise us as a team and talk about what a great coach AP is.  He will shake hands with our entire team and possibly trade jerseys with D. Adams who looks like he's ready to shank someone in the neck.  But it's okay, at least we got rid of him and replaced him with Gardner Minshew, who, knowing the way the Raiders do business, will most likely be cut after the season.

Chargers - Loss.  I expect to see Harbaugh chugging a large glass of milk in celebration of sweeping us this season.  He will most likely be chugging it as he goes to shake hands with AP.  He will go to his presser where he has a large well-done steak waiting for him to talk about how running the ball 47x was all it took to beat us.

This will be an ugly season.  I wanted to say we beat the Chargers to end the season just to lose our chance at a top 5 pick, but I think we suck too much to pull off an upset against the Chargers who squeak into the playoffs this year after running the ball for a record 500x.

Just 5-12 baby.

Would want nothing to do with Bryce. Why take another’s team trash. When you can draft your guy and mold him yourself instead of trying to fix the scars and bad coaching he has had. 

It’s time to stop the BS and be aggressive and draft a QB. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 3

On 9/11/2024 at 3:18 PM, reddevil said:

He’s a wild card.

Such an unusual style. Languid, almost lackadaisical. Looks like he’s not even trying - but he has physical traits, can make ridiculous throws and has some speed when he runs.

Looked good so far. 

I see it as the game is not too fast for him, that’s the biggest indicator of a quarterback. It’s his brain not his arm.

Week 3:

QB started off hot: Quinn Ewers, Cam Ward, Carson Beck, Jaxson Dart, Jalen Milroe, Drew Allar, Miller Moss, GARRETT Nussmeier

QB off my list  : Sanders - ego / overrated , Taylen Green - accuracy , Riley Leonard - poor man Daniel Jones, DJ Uiagalelei - sucks , Will Howard- game manager, KJ Jefferson - sucks, Donovan Smith- too raw

Conner Weigman - been hurt 

On 9/12/2024 at 10:58 PM, agarcia34 said:

Would want nothing to do with Bryce. Why take another’s team trash. When you can draft your guy and mold him yourself instead of trying to fix the scars and bad coaching he has had. 

It’s time to stop the BS and be aggressive and draft a QB. 

This is one of my pet peeves with the Raiders if it’s free you take him every time. You pick  up a free ages and  then try them out .  Baker Mayfield should be a raider if they just gave him a shot he has the moxie the arm tablet and the pedigree to be good, not great but very good

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Week 3:

QB started off hot: Quinn Ewers, Cam Ward, Carson Beck, Jaxson Dart, Jalen Milroe, Drew Allar, Miller Moss, GARRETT Nussmeier

QB off my list  : Sanders - ego / overrated , Taylen Green - accuracy , Riley Leonard - poor man Daniel Jones, DJ Uiagalelei - sucks , Will Howard- game manager, KJ Jefferson - sucks, Donovan Smith- too raw

Conner Weigman - been hurt 

I’m a big sanders supporter but the last two games were lackluster . He can’t keep on drifting backwards or of the side and hoping to see a wide-open WR.

this is what I said about the Bears QB he’s great at improv but he can’t run a NFL offense.

On 9/12/2024 at 3:07 PM, big_palooka said:

Not really a fan, but might take a flyer on Hendon Hooker at this point. Goff is the present and future there. Hooker is at least worth a look as a starter. 

The metric really is "are you equal to or better than/have more upside than Gardner Minshew and/or Aidan O"Connell". 

That list is pretty long. 

On 9/12/2024 at 2:07 PM, big_palooka said:

Depends on the compensation. Maybe a day 3 pick, surround him with the Raiders pass catchers and see if he can turn it around.

My man. I’m here for it. 

On 9/12/2024 at 2:35 PM, Jerry said:

@Ravens - Loss.  Will be ugly.  No faith in winning this.  We are outcoached, outplayed at QB, defense starts to break during second half.  Tae will be upset with production.  Z. White will most likely show that he can't find the open hole again.  I will most likely not watch the entire game.

Panthers - Win.  If this isn't a win, I will probably stop watching the Raiders after this game.  I will just wait for news of Ws and then watch the highlights of the Ws after the game is over.  I too believe if we lose this game, we should strip the team down and start from complete scratch.  This has to be a win.  I will lose all faith if it isn't.

Browns - Win.  I have no idea what this will become at this time.  D. Watson was terrible against a really good Cowboys team.  We are not a really good Cowboys team.  Could turn into a mud fight between two boxers with no knockout punch.  Because the game is at home I will say this is a win.

@Broncos - Win.  Bo Nix is trash.  I have no idea how they put up 20 when he through 2 INTs and led his team in rushing.  

Steelers - Loss.  JJ Watt will most likely kill Minshew.  His aura will be dying before our eyes this game.

@Rams - Loss.  I think the Rams have the better coach and roster.

Chiefs - Loss.  I don't expect to beat them this year.  

@Bengals - Loss.  I just think they're the better team.  

@Dolphins - Loss.  Too much speed on offense.  Just a really good team.  We always lose in Miami.  It's that dang heat.  They have us on the sideline with no shade/cover and we have to wear our black jerseys.

Broncos - Win.  They suck.  Boo the Broncos.  Boo...

@Chiefs - Loss.  I hate them.

@Bucs - Loss.  Just a better team.

Falcons - Loss.  Toss up of a game.  But reality is we haven't beaten them in 24 years.  I don't expect the Raiders to beat them this year either.

Jags - Win.  I just feel good about this game.  I feel like they will be imploding as much as we are by the time this game is played.  

@Saints - Loss.  Derek Carr is going to hand us our butts.  And he isn't going to swear at all at us.  He's going to praise us as a team and talk about what a great coach AP is.  He will shake hands with our entire team and possibly trade jerseys with D. Adams who looks like he's ready to shank someone in the neck.  But it's okay, at least we got rid of him and replaced him with Gardner Minshew, who, knowing the way the Raiders do business, will most likely be cut after the season.

Chargers - Loss.  I expect to see Harbaugh chugging a large glass of milk in celebration of sweeping us this season.  He will most likely be chugging it as he goes to shake hands with AP.  He will go to his presser where he has a large well-done steak waiting for him to talk about how running the ball 47x was all it took to beat us.

This will be an ugly season.  I wanted to say we beat the Chargers to end the season just to lose our chance at a top 5 pick, but I think we suck too much to pull off an upset against the Chargers who squeak into the playoffs this year after running the ball for a record 500x.

Just 5-12 baby.

I agree with this, maybe I would flip the Jaguars and Dolphins as wins and losses with no Tua. I think the streak ends and Broncos actually win one too. We should just embrace the rebuild.