2025 NFL Draft Thread

Posted (edited)

Beck is the only QB I would put money on being a first rounder. Milroe has incredible physical ability. He sort of came around toward the end of last year, but he's still rough as a passer. Ewers has never player like a first rounder to me, and I don't think he has first round traits. Allar looked like a 6th rounder or UDFA.

I don't remember a QB prospect I dislike more than Sanders. I dislike him so much I would root for another team if the Raiders drafted him.

Other names to look out for are: Cam Ward, Donovan Smith, and KJ Jefferson. I have always been a big Jefferson fan. I look forward to what he will do at UCF.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Beck is the only QB I would put money on being a first rounder. Milroe has incredible physical ability. He sort of came around toward the end of last year, but he's still rough as a passer. Ewers has never player like a first rounder to me, and I don't think he has first round traits. Allar looked like a 6th rounder or UDFA.

I don't remember a QB prospect I dislike more than Sanders. I dislike him so much I would root for another team if the Raiders drafted him.

Other names to look out for are: Cam Ward, Donovan Smith, and KJ Jefferson. I have always been a big Jefferson fan. I look forward to what he will do at UCF.

Jefferson was ridiculously smart to bail on Arkansas. His stock absolutely nosedived,, and I find it hard to believe he won't rebound. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

This is a pretty interesting point. Whose a threat to take a QB high next year barring something crazy happening?

Titans - is Levis the guy? Malik Willis?

Steelers - Wilson and Fields?

Jets - Old Man Rodgers coming off an Achilles? 

Lions - Goff? If he plays well he may get brought back 

NY Giants - Daniel Jones ain’t the guy

Seattle - Geno isn’t young 

New Orleans - can you invest a high pick w Carr?

Dallas Cowboys - moving on from Dak?

Well see what this list looks like end of the season  

The teams I bolded will most likely be picking in the 20s.  Seattle and New Orleans in the mid to late teens.  So, we are really just trying to hop the Titans and the Giants for a QB.  Hard to predict what the NFL will look like in a year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

FWIW, I don't think Pierce would want Sanders.  Doesn't have that dog mentality.  I don't think Pierce is a fan of divas.  We'll probably always go after QBs with something to prove.  With grit.  The "rise from the ashes" type (Penix; injuries).

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I know it's not Raider related but his son if draft eligible next year so here we are.....

Does Deion understand what he's doing here?

Deion doesn't care.  He already said he's choosing the team his son goes to.  I don't think Deion understands how the NFL really works when it comes to drafting and how NFL teams look at prospects.  His son will most likely slip to day 2 in the draft because of him and because his son clearly has character issues teams will want to avoid.  I think he'll be eating some humble pie before he ever gets a chance to start.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I know it's not Raider related but his son if draft eligible next year so here we are.....

Does Deion understand what he's doing here?

What an absolute clown

• Like 4

Deion Sanders is doing his best Lavar Ball impression, ain't he?

Anyway, I've said it before- I don't want anyone who's daddy (or mom) is their PR lead. 

That type of thing literally always turns out to be nothing but bizarro land drama. They take the "it's a game" mentality to the extreme to the point their child is very much still just that- a child in an adult atmosphere where you just know they're hoping, even if only subconsciously, for their parent to come to the rescue for them. 

Zero interest in Shadeur Sanders and honestly he's doing himself a disservice by sticking around Deion at this point. It's becoming farcical on top of being nausea inducing cringe. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Still feel like Dart will be QB 2 when it's all said and done. The trio of Beck, Dart, and Ewers might surprise people

DJ Uiagalelei is going to be a fast riser I feel. Had 2 low key good seasons, now at FSU where he can really showcase his size and arm talent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

DJ Uiagalelei is going to be a fast riser I feel. Had 2 low key good seasons, now at FSU where he can really showcase his size and arm talent. 

This is very true as well. This QB class overall doesn't look appealing right now but by the end of the season, it very well could be. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He was so bad at Clemson but at least watching his highlights he's put it together way more down the field. He's also an absolute unit. He's 250 pounds, basically Josh Allen body type.

Watching Shedeur, his footwork, mechanics, accuracy, and throws on the run are really clean. It's a bummer that he's a diva because he plays very mature heady ball when he's on. Obviously he holds it too long and colorado's OL is horrible.

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was so bad at Clemson but at least watching his highlights he's put it together way more down the field. He's also an absolute unit. He's 250 pounds, basically Josh Allen body type.

Watching Shedeur, his footwork, mechanics, accuracy, and throws on the run are really clean. It's a bummer that he's a diva because he plays very mature heady ball when he's on. Obviously he holds it too long and colorado's OL is horrible.

With Uiagalelei, I think a lot of that was on Clemson as whole as well. That program has backslid majority after Trevor left. Dabo hasn't embraced NIL and the transfer portal the same as other programs. Uiagalelei's time at Clemson was a mess. He was highly touted coming in and just didn't look ready. He looked clumsy like a kid learning in his frame and body. 

Admittedly, I've not seen much of him since leaving Clemson, but he's said to improved a good deal at Oregon St. His arm and size are elite. FSU will be his shot to see if he's grown. Excited to see how he does with the opportunity. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Dane Brugler's early mock: 

https://theathletic.com/5458526/2024/04/30/nfl-mock-draft-2025-prediction-shedeur-sanders-will-johnson/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign=9697401&userId=122019

Beck - 2 overall

Has the Raiders picking 5 overall - Will Johnson, Michigan CB

Ewers - 14, Sanders - 22

I really don't think we are going to be the 5th worst team in the NFL.  I still think we will be an 8-8 type team.