18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

17 hours ago, swede700 said:

Which is why it's so weird to me that people are dissecting this issue right now.  I'm not sure why anyone cares that much about something that won't be determined for awhile and really has little to no impact on anything in the future.  I tried to make a joke about all the 3rd and 4th rd picks that Spielman bombed on Twitter and I had a couple of people pointing out Danielle Hunter and Diggs (who wasn't even drafted until the 5th), but then I had to point out that neither one was a comp pick. The only even remotely relevant comp pick the Vikings had made in the last 15 years was Rhett Ellison.  And up until 2020, they couldn't trade them. 

Yeah. You don't pass on a guy who can help your team today for what essentially amounts to a 4th round pick next year. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If Ingram were to be re-signed and any one of Blackmon, Evans, Booth or Jackson play well as our NB, which is basically a starter anyways, I think KAM should be looked at in high regard. 

I think all of us are disappointed in the 2022 draft, but that draft cannot define him. We need to consider his drafting, free agency, trades and UDFA signings as well. 

I think he's done fine drafting for us last year and this year. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love Kwesi to kick the tires on Stephon Gilmore and JC Jackson.

Both have experience with Flores, both have had stints of elite CB play in their careers.

We have the cap and a need for servicable corners. If we can bring them in for reasonable amounts we should bring one in, or both.

21 hours ago, viking said:

I'd love Kwesi to kick the tires on Stephon Gilmore and JC Jackson.

Both have experience with Flores, both have had stints of elite CB play in their careers.

We have the cap and a need for servicable corners. If we can bring them in for reasonable amounts we should bring one in, or both.

If I had to choose oneI'd probably go Jackson. 

CB play, like RBs, can fall off a cliff one season to the next. 

While Gilmore has been productive the last couple seasons, I'm not sure how long he can keep it up.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

So, then, why would you want the guy whose play has already nosedived for the past 2 seasons?

I'm taking my chances with a 28 year old corner over the 33 year old. 

How many players can defy time?

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm taking my chances with a 28 year old corner over the 33 year old. 

How many players can defy time?

I don’t think you realize how bad Jackson has been the past two seasons. 

I’ll put it to you this way. If you use PFF’s grading as the benchmark, JC Jackson, over the past two seasons, has graded out worse than ANY Vikings cornerback in PFF’s existence. 

Jackson’s PFF grades over the past two seasons have been 28.7 and 34.8, respectively. The worst Vikings CB that you can think of graded out in the mid 40s. Jackson is that bad. 

Age is irrelevant to the discussion at this point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think you realize how bad Jackson has been the past two seasons. 

I’ll put it to you this way. If you use PFF’s grading as the benchmark, JC Jackson, over the past two seasons, has graded out worse than ANY Vikings cornerback in PFF’s existence. 

Jackson’s PFF grades over the past two seasons have been 28.7 and 34.8, respectively. The worst Vikings CB that you can think of graded out in the mid 40s. Jackson is that bad. 

Age is irrelevant to the discussion at this point. 

That's the Brandon Staley effect - terrible coach playing him away from his strengths

JC Jackson played his best during his time in New England while Flores was calling the plays

Jackson and Flores only overlapped in New England for one season, Jackson’s rookie year. So, no. He did not play at his best while Flores was calling the plays. 

And while Staley’s defenses weren’t great in Los Angeles, none of the other CBs struggled like Jackson did. And those struggles continued when he returned to New England. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kwesi has done relatively well (certainly adequate) in the 2023 and 2024 drafts,as far as we can tell, so far.  The 2022 draft  was made with recommendations for defensive players for Donatel's system (VERY different from Flores'), and for offensive players for a very different system from the new one that KOC brought in.  He was, more or less, forced to take the advice of Spielman's scouts.  So Kwesi shouldn't be dumped for several of The Vikings' 2022 choices not working out.  With the UDA's included, the last two seasons' drafts appear to be at least average, for NFL teams (and could end up being substantially above average IF several players reach the upper levels of their potentials.  We'll need 2 more seasons in the books to judge his drafting better.  Meanwhile, his payroll management and player asset management has been much better over his 2nd and 3rd season so far, as GM.

• Like 5