Chargers agree to 1-year deal with WR D.J. Chark

Chark is a good blocker with some upside as a vertical threat. Makes sense for the Chargers to sign him given that they want all the blockers and need a vertical threat. It's a one year deal and whatever he can give them before he gets hurt is worth kicking the tires for.

• Like 2

He's always struck me as pretty limited even in the rare cases where he can stay healthy.  But whatever.  They probably just want him there to run off some vertical coverage most of the time and basically do nothing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

He's always struck me as pretty limited even in the rare cases where he can stay healthy.  But whatever.  They probably just want him there to run off some vertical coverage most of the time and basically do nothing.

Yeah that sounds about right. Be the vertical guy on PA. Is he also a willing run blocker because they’ll ask him to do that also?

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Palmer, Johnson*4, McConkey, Chark, Davis, Rice, Guyton, Erickson… that’s a lot of camp bodies and I’m convinced the roster bubble guys are going to really have to fight it out. It doesn’t look good for Rice but I am rooting for him to make the roster. 

On 5/5/2024 at 4:09 AM, Tugboat said:

Yeah. Basically just a better MVS at this point.