Raider Offseason Workouts (Rookie minicamp, OTAs & more)

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Good to see Glaze being so humble, great quality to have. 

Also, love the way JPJ is such a thoughtful, softly spoken guy off field and a nasty sob on the field. He’s got the makings of an old school Raider.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dessie said:

He was poor at run blocking at LG not sure how we expect him to be better at RG when that usually requires stronger run blockers. 

More likely we just having a look at various positions for the OL. 

Because maybe being right handed he can generate more power from the right than the left, I mean some people just feel stronger when going to there dominant side. For example I'm right handed and If I wanted to break down a door I'm charging with my right shoulder because in certain I can generate more power instead of using my left shoulder.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Good to see Glaze being so humble, great quality to have. 

Also, love the way JPJ is such a thoughtful, softly spoken guy off field and a nasty sob on the field. He’s got the makings of an old school Raider.

People hate on Glaze but he has a lot of potential. Glaze and Richardson could make this draft special. 

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Because maybe being right handed he can generate more power from the right than the left, I mean some people just feel stronger when going to there dominant side. For example I'm right handed and If I wanted to break down a door I'm charging with my right shoulder because in certain I can generate more power instead of using my left shoulder.

I just don’t see Parham as a strong run blocker tbh, he’s good at pass blocking tho. Be interesting to see how it all pans out whether we value better run blockers than pass blockers. 

8 hours ago, Dessie said:

I just don’t see Parham as a strong run blocker tbh, he’s good at pass blocking tho. Be interesting to see how it all pans out whether we value better run blockers than pass blockers. 

I agree but I also don't see Miller as a strong run blocker either. So if they think the rookie will be a better run blocker. I rather have him beside Miller. He also gets the help of Miller experience on pass blocking being beside him. 

On 5/10/2024 at 3:22 PM, Dessie said:

He was poor at run blocking at LG not sure how we expect him to be better at RG when that usually requires stronger run blockers. 

More likely we just having a look at various positions for the OL. 

I like Parham. I just never understood why we took a smaller guard other then the plan was to move him to center.

7 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I like Parham. I just never understood why we took a smaller guard other then the plan was to move him to center.

I think the plan was but we got spooked with FA guard market and so we resigned James. Might be Parham does better at Guard in Getsy’s wide zone scheme. Peat & JPJ will give some real competition at G.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

I think the plan was but we got spooked with FA guard market and so we resigned James. Might be Parham does better at Guard in Getsy’s wide zone scheme. Peat & JPJ will give some real competition at G.

Unless he flops, JPJ is a leader and instant starter at LG. I like Peat as a super 6th man who can play guard or tackle. Could even play RT in Munford struggles 

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

I'd add that Andre James also isn't all that bad. He's at a level that you would indeed prefer to upgrade from, sure, but if we're going to keep, say, 9-10 OL, keep the best ones regardless of position since at least 3 of our best OL can play multiple positions, and keep the best 5 on the field. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd add that Andre James also isn't all that bad. He's at a level that you would indeed prefer to upgrade from, sure, but if we're going to keep, say, 9-10 OL, keep the best ones regardless of position since at least 3 of our best OL can play multiple positions, and keep the best 5 on the field. 

Yup agreed on James and I have Parham  in the same bracket tbh i.e can be upgraded.

OL is definitely versatile and I could see a scenario with Peat playing LG and JPJ RG and Parham battling James for Center. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Yup agreed on James and I have Parham  in the same bracket tbh i.e can be upgraded.

OL is definitely versatile and I could see a scenario with Peat playing LG and JPJ RG and Parham battling James for Center. 

I believe the zone scheme will be better suited for James and Parham who are smaller athletic type lineman. Power scheme didn’t make much sense that JMD had considering the personnel 

Edited by bucksavage1

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I believe the zone scheme will be better suited for James and Parham who are smaller athletic type lineman. Power scheme didn’t make much sense that JMD had considering the personnel 

Isn’t Powers Johnson more a power scheme fit though, he’s an out and out mauler with admittedly decent feet but James, Parham and JPJ seem very different type players?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Unless he flops, JPJ is a leader and instant starter at LG. I like Peat as a super 6th man who can play guard or tackle. Could even play RT in Munford struggles 

I quite like the look of our versatility and our depth is looking up a little too. Glaze, Wagner and Peat can all play tackle and Munford can play left and right. Glaze and Peat can both play potentially inside too and Parham, Whitehair and Meredith can all cover guard and centre. I think the starting 5 are probably set but the 3 or 4 backup linemen we’ll carry will be a tough competition, I happen to think highly of Wagner and Meredith but Peat and Glaze offer something too. One of the UDFA picks has potential too.

Edited by Darbsk

Just now, Darbsk said:

I quite like the look of our versatility and our depth is looking up a little.

Agreed, feels really weird to be able to say this about the Raiders though. 

• Like 1