Raider Offseason Workouts (Rookie minicamp, OTAs & more)

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Possibly, probably not. Still too early to tell 😁 I did mock Carter to us so it’s not like I don’t like him as a player, loved his ability, just didn’t like his off field and maturity.

We know Carter was probably the BPA when we picked, but @ronjon1990 is right, that pick given our recent history was just one we couldn’t make.

You can use that logic and say it’s too early to say that Stroud is better than AOC.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You can use that logic and say it’s too early to say that Stroud is better than AOC.

Not really, I think Tyree has to have a little bit of benefit of the doubt as he was coming off a significant injury and feeling his way in, obviously starting before he should have. He was pegged to be drip fed in with Chandler Jones starting but Jones ‘episode’ forced Wilson into starting prematurely.

They were also both first rounders, whereas Stroud and O’Connell were several draft rounds apart and obviously viewed in different levels of talent. Carter was viewed as probably the best player in the draft but dropped due to significant off field red flags whereas O’Connell didn’t drop, he just was never considered that talented. 

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I haven't focused on anything Raider for weeks now really. Any big news coming out of OTAs thus far?

Nothing big I don’t think, Parham and Munford appear to be pencilled in on the right side of the line with JPJ initially at LG. I’ve heard Munford is doing well but not so much about the other OLine.

Tyree looks from very limited glances to be still playing high and a bit slow but it’s literally one or two videos. I’d like to see a video of him being low and exploding out of his stance but nothing yet……..

Heard Bowers is taking snaps at different spots and taking handoffs. I’m interested to hear about the DTs but heard nothing so far, nor who is doing what at CB which is a big question mark.

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Saving $84.75 million in the process is anything but meh. 

Everybody thinks he’s a god and he had a good 10 games but he had a steep decline. Let’s see how he does this year.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Just put Tyree at DT and admit we made a mistake

It's funny, but I was midly roasted (med-rare not well done....lmao!) For suggesting this about week 7 last season. We'll still have to wait n see.....but I'd lmao if he became a better DT than Carter down the road. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He’d only be able to play on certain passing downs though inside, right now he plays way too high and would get demolished on run downs, Butler and Wilkins are probably better pass rushers from inside too right now, so whilst I can see he could possibly move inside, he’d still have massive work to do to improve either inside or outside I think.

Tyree looks extremely thin, but his body is so freakish he still probably weighs 270 easily. He unlocks a level to this defense where it could be top 5. He’s the key 🔑

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think versatility will be a big benefit of having him a Raider. Simply plugging him into X position might not be the wisest move. I think Tyree will be a force vs. the run as an Edge player and should progress as a pass-rusher on the outside. But most definitely I would love to see him play the interior in rotation next to Wilkins in 3rd down plays.

Crosby - WIlkins - Tyree - Koonce is a very nice looking 4 man pass rush.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2024 at 7:58 PM, big_palooka said:

Neither is having a potential Ruggs 2.0 to do with. Also, Wilkins >>>>>> Carter (at least for right now.)

That said, your point is well taken.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, big_palooka said:

Wilson definitely has a lot of time to develop/hit tbf. Take it from me, you definitely cannot come back 100% from his foot injury that easily. The muscles you rest post-op inherently atrophy because you can't use them. No wonder his conditioning was **** last year. If he isn't impactful like he was at the end of last year, we can start to have an uncomfortable conversation.

• Like 4