Chiefs WR Rashee Rice under investigation for hitting photographer

25 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I never bothered with Rice as a prospect coming out. Were all the red flags there?

I'm not finding anything concrete but some people on Twitter have said there were character concerns known amongst scouts across the league and that 2 people (McGinn and Brugler) brought it up in their scouting report on him, but I haven't read it myself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'm not finding anything concrete but some people on Twitter have said there were character concerns known amongst scouts across the league and that 2 people (McGinn and Brugler) brought it up in their scouting report on him, but I haven't read it myself.

Brugler wasn't detailed, but this nugget was included in his write up, so definitely some things that NFL squads were weary of

"NFL scouts say that the interview process will be paramount to his final draft grade (NFL scout: 'He grew up quite a bitt he last year but needs to stay on that path')

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If we cut him, another team picks him up. Until jail time or league suspensions are issued, there's really no reason to do anything, if you're the Chiefs. And even then, there probably won't be. We cut Hunt and our reward was another team picking up Hunt. Everyone hated on us keeping Tyreek around, but Miami seemed happy to take him. Nothing to be gained by cutting him at this point.

Though, they really need to get him the hell out of Dallas. He clearly cannot handle being left to his own devices, with the money, free time, and his old pals to run with.

Minnesota cut Jeff Gladney and he never went to jail or was suspended. He was just an idiot. 

His stupidity later got him killed.

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Minnesota cut Jeff Gladney and he never went to jail or was suspended. He was just an idiot. 

His stupidity later got him killed.

And he was signed by the Cardinals the next offseason. Doesn't really refute what I said. If anything, further proves there's no point in cutting him, because someone else will take him on.

Also, less crucial but still relevant, Gladney wasn't as good as a rookie as Rice. Right or wrong, that does change things.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Nothing good ever happens to football players at a club. This is painfully obvious, yet they keep showing up at clubs like lemmings going over the proverbial cliff.

The booze girls, homies, and getting drunk is the norm. Anything except is just extra, for every bad night at a club there's 1,000 good nights.

You don't hit photographers my guy they're great at pressing buttons but like C'MON YOU'RE OUT ON BOND. 

If I'm this boy's agent I sit him down and tell him he's throwing his future hundred million dollar payday away. *be stupid after you get paid* not before.

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Brugler wasn't detailed, but this nugget was included in his write up, so definitely some things that NFL squads were wary of

"NFL scouts say that the interview process will be paramount to his final draft grade (NFL scout: 'He grew up quite a bitt he last year but needs to stay on that path')

FIFY! 😁

• Like 1