Teams you think are overrated or underrated at this point

bomont

21 hours ago, Danger said:

Every team that loses the Super Bowl thinks that they were close and if one or two things go their way in the offseason that they'll automatically get better. When in reality... winning in the NFL is hard, winning every year is even more difficult. 

Expecting to replicate what they did last year is a form of arrogance. Unless you have a transcendent coach and QB like the Pats of years past and the Chiefs now, you need to get really lucky to have repeated success, and to sustain a high level of play.

I don't know how I expect things to recede for the 9ers. It's just that history has shown that the odds are, they will. Not because of some curse, but again, winning is hard. It's like the tides.

The super bowl curse can hurt teams that weren't established but it rarely hits established teams unless they have injuries, but we can say that for every team....No guarantee that the 49ers will be back to the super bowl since this is always hard but they are far from being overrated right now.

3 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The super bowl curse can hurt teams that weren't established but it rarely hits established teams unless they have injuries, but we can say that for every team....No guarantee that the 49ers will be back to the super bowl since this is always hard but they are far from being overrated right now.

bro what does that even mean LOL?

Pretty much any team that is a 1 or a 2 seed and makes the Super Bowl is "established" yet more often than not they still regress next season.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I think the Niners are properly rated. Probably the best in the NFC, but cases are to be made for others. 

I think they'd be the odds on favorite, but I'm still taking the field, by a decent margin at this point.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2024 at 5:23 PM, N4L said:

lol what??

They added depth to their WR group. Deebo, Aiyuk, Jauan Jennings, Ricky Pearsall, and Cowing are probably about as good as any 5 WRs in the NFL. If you are mentioning the "SB loser jinx" then you are clearly talking about 2024 exclusively, which means talking about the WRs as a negative is super silly. 

Surprised you didn't say anything about Brock Purdy. Lots of people (incorrectly) think he is overrated. At least they have a legitimate case to make about it, whereas your argument is "other teams who lost the SB are bad, and I heard a twitter rumor one month ago that Aiyuk could be traded" which is just laughable.

The niners have been to 4 out of the last 5 NFCCGs, with two superbowl losses to a dynasty. That doesn't make them overrated. They have one of the best winning percentages in the NFL since 2019. That is a large enough sample size to say that this group is really, really good. 

Best RB in the NFL. Best LT in the NFL. Two top 20 WRs. Top 2 TE. Best ILB. Top 3 DE. Great corners. Top 5 coach. QB who is setting efficiency records and was the MVP favorite in week 16. This is a good football team by every imaginable metric. 

Well duh, I didn't say they weren't good. But everyone treats them like SB darlings. Only two teams have ever lost a SB and returned the next year to win it, and excluding the Bill's improbably bad SB run, only two other times did a team even make it back to the SB the next year. Odds aren't exactly in their favor.

I didn't say anything about Purdy because he's proven himself and so I don't think overrated. That said, I'd like to see him do it another year. Re the WRs, rumors have been flying all year about whether or not Aiyuk would hold out. Not sure how you missed that?

On 5/21/2024 at 10:00 PM, iknowcool said:

I don't know about the media because I really haven't been watching a whole lot, but the Bills are underrated on this forum IMO. 

We'll agree to disagree on that one. The Bills will never win a SB will Allen, who is the most overrated QB in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, bomont said:

We'll agree to disagree on that one. The Bills will never win a SB will Allen, who is the most overrated QB in the NFL.

Having MVS is like a lucky charm for that offense mark my words 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bomont said:

Even if you think he is overrated, far worse QBs have made it and won a Super Bowl.  If they never win one, it won't be because of Allen.

• Like 5

The Bills have bigger problems than Josh Allen's play come playoff time....I mean, look at the 2021 playoffs, Allen did everything right in his playoffs but it wasn't enough...I guess that he had left too much time to Mahomes with 13 seconds left! 😄

People really still think Josh Allen is the problem? Lol smh. The dude is unbelievably good 🤣 he turns the ball over, but so does literally every other quarterback on the planet. Many of the other things he does can not be done by basically any other QB on the planet 🤷

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

People really still think Josh Allen is the problem? Lol smh. The dude is unbelievably good 🤣 he turns the ball over, but so does literally every other quarterback on the planet. Many of the other things he does can not be done by basically any other QB on the planet 🤷

It ain't Josh Allen, The roster around Josh Allen this year is not good though. I think the Bills are a .500ish team this year

2 hours ago, Danger said:

It ain't Josh Allen, The roster around Josh Allen this year is not good though. I think the Bills are a .500ish team this year

Sorry, but it's literally impossible for Josh Allen to ever win a super bowl. On May 23rd of 2024, Josh Allen was found guilty by a FF poster of being so overrated that he can't possibly win one.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2024 at 8:15 PM, Danger said:

I think they'd be the odds on favorite, but I'm still taking the field, by a decent margin at this point.

Correct

On 5/21/2024 at 10:00 PM, iknowcool said:

I don't know about the media because I really haven't been watching a whole lot, but the Bills are underrated on this forum IMO.  I'm confident barring an injury to Josh Allen they will push for 10+ wins.  Also believe Kincaid will take that next step in his 2nd year, helping negate the loss of Diggs.  And the defense still finished as one of the best despite a whole lot of injuries and have always been good under McDermott, so I expect they'll at least be somewhere in the top 15.

Browns might be a tad underrated too.  But it is really dependent on Deshaun Watson.  I really don't know what to think of him (as a player) or if he even has the ability to get back to his level of play in Houston. 

Not sure if I would say any team is overrated right now.  Maybe the Jets?  I'm not sold that Rodgers will be all that good for them, even if he does stay healthy.  But even in saying that, they won 7 games with Wilson/Siemian.  Even a regressed Rodgers should be much better than that... you would think anyway.  I'm not sure it would surprise me if he was straight cheeks this year.  

10 wins isnt a hot take when they are the betting favorite to win the East 

On 5/22/2024 at 8:19 PM, adamq said:

I think the Niners are properly rated. Probably the best in the NFC, but cases are to be made for others. 

SF is incredibly tricky bc as the team is constructed now they should be the odds on favorite but the SB loser often struggles so i wonder if unexpected regression is coming