Teams you think are overrated or underrated at this point

bomont

On 5/23/2024 at 11:18 PM, iknowcool said:

Even if you think he is overrated, far worse QBs have made it and won a Super Bowl. 

Of course.

If they never win one, it won't be because of Allen.

It might, it might not be.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Duluther said:

Sorry, but it's literally impossible for Josh Allen to ever win a super bowl. On May 23rd of 2024, Josh Allen was found guilty by a FF poster of being so overrated that he can't possibly win one.

Nobody said that, but good luck in that remedial reading comprehension class.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bomont said:

Nobody said that, but good luck in that remedial reading comprehension class.

I graduated from remedial reading; that’s why I can comprehend your remedial posts.

• Like 3

underrated - Cardinals

Kyler is healthy and usually QB's and OC's are both better in year 2 vs year 1 of a new scheme. 
Added Marvin Harrison Jr.
Michael Wilson year 2.
Trey McBride year 2.
Conner looked as good as ever last year the few times I watched him.
OL was trending in the right direction.
Gannon's defense was significantly better in year 2 vs year 1 with the Eagles, and he added 2 CB 's that are good fits for his scheme in Murphy-Bunting and Max Melton, so I'm guessing his D will look better in year 2 with the Cards as well, although they are in desperate need of a 10+ sacks potential guy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2024 at 1:56 PM, Jeezla said:

underrated - Cardinals

Kyler is healthy and usually QB's and OC's are both better in year 2 vs year 1 of a new scheme. 
Added Marvin Harrison Jr.
Michael Wilson year 2.
Trey McBride year 2.
Conner looked as good as ever last year the few times I watched him.
OL was trending in the right direction.
Gannon's defense was significantly better in year 2 vs year 1 with the Eagles, and he added 2 CB 's that are good fits for his scheme in Murphy-Bunting and Max Melton, so I'm guessing his D will look better in year 2 with the Cards as well, although they are in desperate need of a 10+ sacks potential guy.

I co-sign this. Considering their schedule and how hard they played last year under Gannon despite being less talented than most opponents they could be sneaky

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I co-sign this. Considering their schedule and how hard they played last year under Gannon despite being less talented than most opponents they could be sneaky

Besides Marvin Harrison, another rookie that should help them is DE Darius Robinson. He's a good fit for the position and scheme he will be in. But I always thought Kyler Murray was a very overrated quarterback.

• Like 1

As opposed to last season.

Overrated

Dolphins.

Their defense isn't good enough on paper to compete for a title and teams started to catch up with their offense toward end of last year.  Offense will still be good.  But tough to win with just one side of ball good. 

With Rodgers healthy the Jets make the division tougher.  NE should be a gimmie win for most teams in 2024.

Texans.

Texans are good.  But they played in weakest division in football last year.  Nobody took them seriously as everyone expected them to be bad until late in the season.  Colts and Jaguars will be better in 2024 with their QBs healthy.  Even Titans will be better.  They play the NFCN this year which has no gimmies wins in it.  They may still win the division, but their record will be closer to .500.

Underrated.

Not really seeing too many underrated teams.

My team the Bears are much better, but are still behind two of their division opponents in one of best divisions in football now.  And their QB is a rookie. Few rookies historically really make a giant splash in their rookie year.  Stroud was much more of an exception than the rule.  So they are probably right were Vegas expects.  8-9 wins.

Panthers should be better than last year.  They signed two new Gs to a lot of money and added WR talent.  They had no Oline and no WRs last year.  Better than 2 wins.  Low bar, but still.    

Maybe people are overlooking Eagles and Jets.   Eagles because of their late season collapse, but they are still as talented and deep on paper as any team in NFL overall.  Maybe thee most talented team.  

Jets because people think Rodgers has hit wall or won't stay healthy for a full season.  If either of those is not true Jets can contend as there is a number of high level talented players on that roster.

On 5/21/2024 at 1:58 PM, Danger said:

vast majority I've seen have them over PHI, and as the top 3 with SF and Detroit.

I personally think that Detroit still make the playoffs, though takes a step back this year. San Fran will have a Super Bowl hangover at some point in the season and I think they win somewhere between 9-11 games.

I guess I don't care enough to look, but I'd rate GB as better than anyone in the NFCS, probably below Phi and Dal in the E, below SF in the W, and behind Det in the N. Probably same tier as TB* and Rams. 

* who are in the S and I just said GB is better than them, but I think TB is a team that everyone will expect was lucky last season but they are worst, were pretty close to as good as they were supposed to be. 

On 5/21/2024 at 3:19 PM, Forge said:

Given how old the team is, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got destroyed by injuries though.  Schedule makers aren't doing them much of a favor either. 

They're square in their window right now, too, and thin due to all the draft picks they've been trading away. A couple-3 serious injuries to frontline guys and it could be real trouble. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

As opposed to last season.

Overrated

Dolphins.

Their defense isn't good enough on paper to compete for a title and teams started to catch up with their offense toward end of last year.  Offense will still be good.  But tough to win with just one side of ball good. 

Jets because people think Rodgers has hit wall or won't stay healthy for a full season.  If either of those is not true Jets can contend as there is a number of high level talented players on that roster.

I don't think Tua is a big-time player, and Miami, despite the gaudy passing, wants to run the ball...with an 32 yr old Raheem Mostert and Devon Achane, whose ability is unquestioned but availability might be an issue. 

The Jets are akin to the 9ers in that IF their older players stay healthy, they could be REALLY good but a few key injuries could send the whole deal down the toilet. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I don't think Tua is a big-time player, and Miami, despite the gaudy passing, wants to run the ball...with an 32 yr old Raheem Mostert and Devon Achane, whose ability is unquestioned but availability might be an issue. 

The Jets are akin to the 9ers in that IF their older players stay healthy, they could be REALLY good but a few key injuries could send the whole deal down the toilet. 

A few key injuries will sink any team.  Granted any injury to a 40 year old QB is more difficult to come back from.

There's one team that's the answer to both:

The Steelers.

There's people who love the idea of Russ and Fields in the building, pairing with a run based offense and a top 10 defense that feel like they could win a playoff game. And then there's people who thing signing Russ and trading for Fields will sink the team and will finish 5 wins or less. It's interesting to be both at the same time because people go to extremes with them and there's no middle ground.

So I think that the people who have them penciled in as a playoff team and possibly winning one are overrating them and people who thing 5 wins will be the best case are underrating them. I think win total can be between 7-10, fringe making the playoffs, and will need the right matchup to win a playoff game. The reality is this roster hasn't been good enough to win a playoff game since 2020, but the coaching has been overall good enough to prevent a bottoming out. I think that's always going to keep these extremes in opinion going when you know a team 'needs' to just do one or the other.