Eliminating Dallas Cowboys, who wins the NFC East?

Who do you believe of the 3, will win the NFC East in 2024?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. 2024 NFC East Division Winner

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Washington Commanders
    • New York Giants

I don't see much reason for optimism in Washington, other than not being the Giants. Didn't the new owners hire their 3rd choice as head coach? Maybe Quinn surprises but I wouldn't bet on it. Likewise with Kingsbury. Someone like Ben Johnson or Dave Canales seems more likely to help their rookie QB have success. 

4 hours ago, Duluther said:

Not sure what the Rams did of note last year

They beat Joe Flacco in his first game back from his couch. Give them their flowers.

5 hours ago, Duluther said:

giphy.gif

Go ahead and dig. Not sure what the Rams did of note last year. Also, it's illogical to reference last year as a way to project for this year (whether explicitly or not) while also projecting the Rams to finish above the NFC champions. 

Just saying....trying to shade the Rams (which you tend to go out of your way to do) talking about Seattle being the threat to the Niners is par for the course with your track record, and you've so often been wrong about it, I'd avoid bringing it into threads out of nowhere. But just a suggestion. I'll do what I should have done a while ago now

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Didn't the new owners hire their 3rd choice as head coach? 

This is false.  It's been reported over and over (including prior to the hiring) by our most plugged in beat reporters that Quinn was the leading candidate after the first round of HC interviews were complete.  

Unless you're referring to the 3rd choice of who the media and fans preferred as HC.

5 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Just saying....trying to shade the Rams (which you tend to go out of your way to do) talking about Seattle being the threat to the Niners is par for the course with your track record, and you've so often been wrong about it, I'd avoid bringing it into threads out of nowhere. But just a suggestion. I'll do what I should have done a while ago now

giphy.gif

You're free to do as you say (i.e., dig for evidence); until then, I have no idea what you're on about. But yeah, I consider Seattle to be SF's biggest divisional threat. Their roster is inarguably better than the Rams', and Seattle has produced better head-to-head results vs SF. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is false.  It's been reported over and over (including prior to the hiring) by our most plugged in beat reporters that Quinn was the leading candidate after the first round of HC interviews were complete.  

Unless you're referring to the 3rd choice of who the media and fans preferred as HC.

I was pretty much in the "I don't care who the coach is, so long it's not Ron Rivera again" mindset.

Lots of respect to him as a person.

However, He never finished with a winning record here & left the team in worst shape, than the one he inherited in 4 seasons.

He drafted horribly & never addressed the O-line in his entire stint here.

We could have hired Josh McDaniels as head coach & I would have been oozing optimism, compared to another round of Rivera here.

Personally, I believe the Dan Quinn & Kingsbury hire was not only innovative & smart.

But it gave me confidence, that Adam Peters knows what the hell he's doing.

The Dan Quinn hire will get our Defense right.

The Kingsbury hire, will allow us to be very creative on the offensive side of the ball as well.

And Jayden Daniels, along with every Free Agent & draft pick fit the schemes we'll be running on both sides of the ball.

I know it's year 1 in the rebuild.

But I'll be more surprised if we suck again this year, than if we win the Division.

Because this team is way more talented, than the 4-13 record of last year.

Players gave up on Rivera. You could see it, after the Bears loss last year.

35 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ya I’m not buying that. 

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Believe what you want.  I've never known Keim to tell a lie.

Didn’t Schefter and Florio report that they made an offer to MacDonald?

18 minutes ago, Soko said:

No idea.  I only really trust Keim when it comes to this team's recent moves.

I do trust Schefter much more than Florio however... but John Keim trumps all.

6 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Interesting thread. I agree with the majority that the answer should easily be the Eagles. I'm surprised to see Washington fans so high on their team...then again the ownership change probably instilled a lot of hope...couldn't really get much worse. I still see them as a bottom 3-5 team in the league though. Daniels just doesn't prospect well for me in the NFL. Dude throws ugly balls with bad technique which just gives me Fields vibes. I hope I'm wrong and he can be your Lamar Jackson. I think yall were pretty middle of the pack this year for your other draft picks. I guess we'll see.

“Throws ugly balls with bad technique”? I didn’t want Daniels but almost every scouting report I’ve read doesn’t agree with this. He has tremendous footwork and a quick, tight release. His mechanics were never in question going into the draft. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

“Throws ugly balls with bad technique”? I didn’t want Daniels but almost every scouting report I’ve read doesn’t agree with this. He has tremendous footwork and a quick, tight release. His mechanics were never in question going into the draft. 

Admittedly it's from my own eye test. I've just seen too many balls from him go wobbly and his feet not being set to throw with power (as is probably the reason for some in here to talk about a Minshew level arm talent). 

Edit: I was actually watching him cause I was scared the Broncos were going to trade the farm for a guy who really is going to need a lot of work IMO

Edited by Dbrog24

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Didn't the Commanders publicly throw a fit when Ben Johnson told him he wasn't interested as they were mid air to interview him a second time?

• Like 2