TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

3 hours ago, Refugee said:

It’s grown a ton since I was there late 90’s. I took a bike ride around the isthmus several years ago and was surprised at how much had been built. Places like Middleton and Fitchburg that used to be essentially a few small tracts of suburb housing and farmland have similarly expanded. 

My uncle lived in the country outside of Madison in the late 70s, in the suburbs of Madison in the late 90s, and in the city the last time I visited a few years ago. He did not move. 

• Like 1

In the last couple of days I stumbled on those fart prank videos again.  There is one where the guy makes eye contact while the fart machine makes the noise, and I laughed and laughed and laughed.  Sometimes the easy joke is still funny.  

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

In the last couple of days I stumbled on those fart prank videos again.  There is one where the guy makes eye contact while the fart machine makes the noise, and I laughed and laughed and laughed.  Sometimes the easy joke is still funny.  

The one that got me was the old guy on a zero turn mower for the first time. He went running over a bush, backed up in panic mode and hit his car, and then over corrected by running over the patio furniture. All the while he had this stubborn, stoic look on his face as if he was participating in a battle of wills rather than not knowing what he was doing.

I have .25 hours experience on a zero turn. If I didn’t have better throttle control than he did I might have had similar results. There is a learning curve for figuring out that your left hand makes it turn right. 

On 7/13/2024 at 5:37 PM, wgbeethree said:

If people absolutely hating their fans was a thing I bet jimmy buffet was on top of the list. 

I neither know, nor care what he did.  But despite me hating his music, being around "parrotheads" isn't all that bad.  Every interaction I have had with them is just a bunch of people who want to have a good time and not worry about anything.  

• Like 1