TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

Kickball is on ESPN2 and I’ve been watching it with my kids for like 10 mins.  Every single player “bunted” the ball and tried to out run the throw to 1B for their “at-bat.”  Nobody is trying to actually kick the ball. Booooorrrriiiiinnng!!

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Kickball is on ESPN2 and I’ve been watching it with my kids for like 10 mins.  Every single player “bunted” the ball and tried to out run the throw to 1B for their “at-bat.”  Nobody is trying to actually kick the ball. Booooorrrriiiiinnng!!

That sounds terribly underwhelming but I remember as a kid we would put so much spin on the pitch that you were never making solid contact out of the infield.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Wow. Never seen so many empty seats at Busch Stadium.

People are fed up with management.  They are cheap, and any talent that we bring in flounders.  It is also a Wednesday night and school just started and the Cardinals are not really in the playoff hunt.  My dad and I went last night.  

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

People are fed up with management.  They are cheap, and any talent that we bring in flounders.  It is also a Wednesday night and school just started and the Cardinals are not really in the playoff hunt.  My dad and I went last night.  

I have a baaad feeling about your win last night. That’s the kind of heartbreak loss that can lead to skids. The Brewers are overdue for a loss streak. 

This Brewers season is similar to last season for the Packers.  The team wasn't supposed to be this good.

Last night's loss was on Murphy as much as Williams.  Can't leave Williams in the game after he walked in the first run.  I think Williams is maybe hitting a bit of a wall after missing so much time.  Hopefully it's just a temporary blip.

Edited by Mazrimiv

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

This Brewers season is similar to last season for the Packers.  The team wasn't supposed to be this good.

Last night's loss was on Murphy as much as Williams.  Can't leave Williams in the game after he walked in the first run.  I think Williams is maybe hitting a bit of a wall after missing so much time.  Hopefully it's just a temporary blip.

Weren't they though? They should have been favorites to win the division.  Pirates and Cubs have nothing, Reds have De La Cruz and nothing, Cardinals can't overcome the coaching and front office.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Weren't they though? They should have been favorites to win the division.  Pirates and Cubs have nothing, Reds have De La Cruz and nothing, Cardinals can't overcome the coaching and front office.

Not after they lost Burns and Woodruff and Williams went to long term IL with the back injury.

Pre-season MLB predictions from various websites.

• MLB.com: Cubs win NL Central, wildcards are Phillies, D-backs, Giants
  • CBS.com: Six writers made season predictions. One had the Brewers 2nd in NL Central.  Two had them 4th.  Three had them 5th.
  • Baseball America: Brewers 3rd in NL Central
  • ESPN: Brewers 2nd in NL Central
Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Has anybody heard anything from @Norm? I know he was working on quitting drinking and hope he was able to win that battle. Maybe he just quit the forum as well. Hope he's OK. 

I was wondering the same. Hope all is well with the guy.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not after they lost Burns and Woodruff and Williams went to long term IL with the back injury.

Pre-season MLB predictions from various websites.

• MLB.com: Cubs win NL Central, wildcards are Phillies, D-backs, Giants
  • CBS.com: Six writers made season predictions. One had the Brewers 2nd in NL Central.  Two had them 4th.  Three had them 5th.
  • Baseball America: Brewers 3rd in NL Central
  • ESPN: Brewers 2nd in NL Central

No kidding? I thought it was Brewers to win, Cardinals sneak it if we are lucky, and Reds if they get a little help had a shot.  Pirates firmly in last place.  

On 8/21/2024 at 8:10 PM, Old Guy said:

Has anybody heard anything from @Norm? I know he was working on quitting drinking and hope he was able to win that battle. Maybe he just quit the forum as well. Hope he's OK. 

On 8/22/2024 at 1:30 PM, Toddfather said:

I was wondering the same. Hope all is well with the guy.

I'm good guys. I got super wrapped up into baseball this year and off season football to a back seat. Just stopped coming in here every day and kinda forgot. I'll be around all regular season again. 

And no I have not quit OG lol but thanks for checking in

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I'm good guys. I got super wrapped up into baseball this year and off season football to a back seat. Just stopped coming in here every day and kinda forgot. I'll be around all regular season again. 

And no I have not quit OG lol but thanks for checking in

Good to see you post again!