TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

15 hours ago, Toddfather said:

A lot of bands I like have come from the punk rock back ground. The good news is a lot of bands I loved in high school have started touring again now that they all got the itch during the covid shut down. I've seen a lot of great shows over the last two years.

Touring's the only way musicians can make any money these days. Revenues from streaming dont pay the light bills.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Refugee said:

I will be in LA for the Rams game. NOFX having their last shows that weekend. I’m thinking about rocking out Saturday night and then going to the game but my oldness means I might need to pick one and it won’t be the show. 

I went and saw them at the fair grounds last September when they were there with a few other bands... One of my best show memories is a NOFX show at Jannus in St Pete Florida. It was their first show of the tour and they opened with The Decline... Fat Mike even said this is the only time we are playing this on this tour. Now if that was true who knows but I know my friends and I were blown away lol.

Let’s talk criminal punishment. I believe judges should be able to sentence criminals to:

Eating multiple boxes of sour patch kids, the long way, within a day. Followed by war heads—in the case of petty theft.

Calling WE energies on a Sunday morning for service, in the case of speeding.

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I guess the question is whether there is a separate prohibition on Cruel Punishment and Unusual Punishment, or simply on punishment that is both cruel and unusual.

The Oxford comma always gets the last laugh, and word. 

20 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I guess the question is whether there is a separate prohibition on Cruel Punishment and Unusual Punishment, or simply on punishment that is both cruel and unusual.

Like when my wife would get mad when I didn't want to watch Sex and the City with her?

Depends on the crime.  I am all for cruel and unusual punishment.  Stupid crimes should have stupid punishments.

Theft should be a jail term lasting as long as it takes to eat one hard boiled egg for 10 dollars stolen.  Like guy that grabs 10 playstations has to eat 500 hard boiled eggs, then he gets to leave.  A guy like Bernie Madoff has to eat 6.5 billion hard boiled eggs.  And like a punk kid that breaks a window has to eat 10 hardboiled eggs.  Probably makes him sick, and he doesn't do it again.  

I also think people caught doing vandalism or graffiti, should be forced to clean it up.  The facility janitor or park maintenance man is the guy stuck doing extra work, with no extra pay, because someone acted like a spoiled child.  

18 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Incredibly, it seems that Jackson Chourio may have been under hyped as a Brewers prospect.  Playing at an all-star level since June.

How's the Crew doing now?  Been a while since I checked in on them.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How's the Crew doing now?  Been a while since I checked in on them.

Atop the division, on course for the playoffs... and likely looking at another dismal Wild Card performance. I'll believe otherwise when I see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

Atop the division, on course for the playoffs... and likely looking at another dismal Wild Card performance. I'll believe otherwise when I see it.

Brewers in 2024 are similar to the 2023 Packers, but even more extreme.  I thought the Brewers were going to be pretty bad this year, so I am just enjoying the ride. 

I feel like I heard that the pitchers were getting injured, but new guys and retreads were getting the job done.

Yelly looked good, but is gone for the season, right?

Sounds like someone named Churio is picking up the slack?

Honestly, I have no good answer for how the Brewers are piling up so many wins.  Contreras, Adames and Chourio are the primary guys on offense, but different guys are making big plays each night.  Highlight real defense has become normal.  It's almost comical how well the starting pitching has held up after losing so many guys, and once again, MIL took a group of no-name guys and built one of the league's best bullpens.  It also seems like Murphy stuck just the right vibe in the clubhouse after Counsel left for the Cubs.