Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

On 10/2/2017 at 4:39 PM, hrubes20 said:

Please God, no.  I want Wilson nowhere near the playoff roster.  

Eff me.  Wilson made the roster over BOTH Rondon and Grimm.  Rondon must not be feeling right physically, which really sucks.  I'm guessing Joe wanted the extra lefty reliever to face all the lefties in the middle of the Nats' lineup.  

14 hitters and 11 pitchers.  Same as my prediction above, except I mistakenly left off Zobrist.  Add Zobrist and Wilson, cut Rondon and Grimm.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Eff me.  Wilson made the roster over BOTH Rondon and Grimm.  Rondon must not be feeling right physically, which really sucks.  I'm guessing Joe wanted the extra lefty reliever to face all the lefties in the middle of the Nats' lineup.  

14 hitters and 11 pitchers.  Same as my prediction above, except I mistakenly left off Zobrist.  Add Zobrist and Wilson, cut Rondon and Grimm.

Well hopefully we don't need to use him, I don't trust him at all. 

13 hours ago, iPwn said:

Odds they’ll throw Q and Lackey out there if need be?

I would have to say that chances are high for Lackey, if Hendricks runs into trouble.  I can't see Joe throwing Q, given that somebody has to start on Saturday if they advance.  I doubt they really want Lackey starting Game 1 of the NLCS.  But then again, this is Joe and he does crazy things.  Admittedly those crazy things turn out fine in the long run more often than not though.

Dusty has already said that Scherzer is available for a few innings tonight if need be.  Gonna need to hit Gio pretty hard early on.  Or Roark, if Dusty decides to start him.  I gotta say, it's more than a little annoying that Dusty is not naming starters until right before the game.