Bucs sign WR Sterling Shepard

TheKillerNacho

56 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Been a while, was he Baker's Oklahoma WR or was Baker after Shepard left?

He did play with Baker at Oklahoma in 2015.

It's a shame, because Shep doesn't really have much left. Speed is sapped a bit, agility is sapped a bit, and he's very fragile. He still knows how to run great routes though. The Bucs WR depth is way thinner than I thought though, so he has a chance to make the roster I guess. What's really gonna hurt him most is that he has never played any special teams.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Am I the only one blown away that he's 31 years old? 

Geez time moves fast.  I remember tuning into a Heritage Hall HS game on ESPN to get a look at Barry Sanders, Jr but it was Shepherd who was the best player on the field.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 9:06 AM, minutemancl said:

He did play with Baker at Oklahoma in 2015.

It's a shame, because Shep doesn't really have much left. Speed is sapped a bit, agility is sapped a bit, and he's very fragile. He still knows how to run great routes though. The Bucs WR depth is way thinner than I thought though, so he has a chance to make the roster I guess. What's really gonna hurt him most is that he has never played any special teams.

He has chance to be WR 5. Evans, Godwin, Palmer, and McMillian definitely are ahead of him on the depth chart.

Just now, indifference said:

He has chance to be WR 5. Evans, Godwin, Palmer, and McMillian definitely are ahead of him on the depth chart.

For sure. But can the Bucs keep a guy as WR5 when he doesn't play on specials? If they can, then he'll probably make the roster, so long as he stays healthy.

Just now, minutemancl said:

For sure. But can the Bucs keep a guy as WR5 when he doesn't play on specials? If they can, then he'll probably make the roster, so long as he stays healthy.

Great question. Last year we carried 6 on the active roster and only 1 of them was a PR/KR guy. I think he can make it because our new OC runs a lot of 3 WR sets as the base offense.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Great question. Last year we carried 6 on the active roster and only 1 of them was a PR/KR guy. I think he can make it because our new OC runs a lot of 3 WR sets as the base offense.

Who were your gunners on the punt team/protectors on the punt return team? I'd also ask who were your more outside guys on kickoff, but that whole play is changing and there probably won't be many WRs on the kickoff unit anymore.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Who were your gunners on the punt team/protectors on the punt return team? I'd also ask who were your more outside guys on kickoff, but that whole play is changing and there probably won't be many WRs on the kickoff unit anymore.

I think one of them was one of the WR's - I don't remember exactly who. If Shep has 0 special teams ability then yeah he might get the boot after all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, indifference said:

I think one of them was one of the WR's - I don't remember exactly who. If Shep has 0 special teams ability then yeah he might get the boot after all.

the other gunner was Zyon McCollum CB  3/4 I believe.