Jaguars extend QB Trevor Lawrence (5 years, $275M, $200M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, St. Louis sued because Kroenke violated the relocation guidelines by negotiating in bad faith with the city.

But since you asked and I get a free pot shot, he did a few scummy things after he moved like suing the city to maintain the option to buy the training facility which was separate from the stadium for $1 and then he exercised that option. He also threatened the other NFL owners to settle with St. Louis personally so they would have still be liable for their relocation votes to get them to split the bill with him.

Pretty scummy. 

Our owner sucks, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

If u can't tell the difference who's actually better in film.

Jaguars fans are the best ones to talk about this, so it's best to get your/their opinion.  Personally, I love Minshew, but if I'm being honest, it's more for his personality than for what he does on the field.  Gardner just seems somewhat limited from a physical standpoint when you compare him to Trevor, who can pretty much do everything.

Edited by SodeeWater_Cheezburger

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, he did get stuck with Urban Meyer his first year. Had a very good sophomore season and was on his way to having a pretty good third season and then got hurt. I do think context matters. Also, would you take Daniel Jones over Trevor Lawrence? 

I would not have given either the contract extensions they each received from their teams.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Serious question, if we waited until the end of the season and he won say 2 playoff games after a ProBowl season(not accounting players dropping out) would it really be THAT much more

Probably not. He got a top of market deal, so I don't think that would change much based on season results, with the exception of a Superbowl win or an MVP, which I don't think they would complain about. The only thing that would really raise it, IMO, is Dak/Tua/Love getting paid over the $55M mark for Burrow. Dak being the most likely to raise the ceiling there. But that would move it to like $60M, I would think. So a 10% increase versus another season to watch him develop, would be the tradeoff I think.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Jaguars fans are the best ones to talk about this, so it's best to get your/their opinion.  Personally, I love Minshew, but if I'm being honest, it's more for his personality than for what he does on the field.  Gardner just seems somewhat limited from a physical standpoint when you compare him to Trevor, who can pretty much do everything.

Definitely limited on his Arm strength.  He also seems to miss some plays that are there likely cuz he can't see it.

Id also say he has a fumble problem.  30 fumbles in 49 games(37 starts).

Love the guy/personality.

• Like 1

The delayed start kind of has me thinking out of pure curiosity

and I absolutely don't envision this happening before people kill me

When's the earliest they could effectively cut him in the absolute nuclear scenario? Or phrased differently, how long is he guaranteed to be the Jags starter, sans injury?

I'm thinking if tomorrow the aliens abducted him, they did a face/off swap with myself and I effectively became the starting QB for the Jacksonville Jags.

I did google fwiw but then i realized im too stupid to understand the numbers in the first place

Edited by Soggust

11 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Based on how he's played, I'm fairly confident he'll put together a top 5 season when his supporting cast is good. His OL has been horrendous. Utterly terrible.

And I also like that the kid bounces back from adversity between Urban and the injuries and the generally crappy situation they've stuck him in. Clearly there's enough give-a-**** there that he'll figure out the leadership side of things.

This, right here.

Ever QB I've seen who shows that level of comfort has figured out the job and performed well eventually. When guys stink, there's a sense you get watching them that everything is too fast for them, and I don't think I've seen that with Lawrence once even when he's played poorly or turned the ball over. (As much as I hate to say it, this also applies to Jordan Love.)

Daniel Jones won a playoff game with a worse line and supporting cast lol. He ******* sucked last year, but the year he had to get his contract was about as good as Lawrence has been. The problem is that the line got even worse, and it turned out that the system Daboll/Kafka churned out to make Jones look decent was not sustainable for more than a year.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Lets be clear: Not all of these throws are good. Not all of these are on the receivers. 

But its still an absolutely hilarious reel. 

Jags receiver awareness in the early part of these highlights is just so god awful 

As I said on Twitter, some of these are issues with not being able to throw guys open.