GDT Week 16 Vikings @ Packers

MNPackfan32

Outside a couple throws I actually thought Hundley played maybe his best game (Steelers game was good too but a lot of that was receivers with YAC). If there aren't 6+ drops this might have actually been a one score game at the end.

Injury list was seriously depressing in a meaningless game. On a certain level there is only so much you can do about that since you have to field players, but man I hope we mothball every semi-important starter next week if they aren't already out with injury (at the very least: Bahk, Clark, Daniels, Randall, Adams, maybe also HHCD, Martinez, Taylor, Linsley, Hundley, Cobb, Nelson).

Spriggs going down with quite possibly an ACL was potentially devastating for next year. It would mean both our preferred starting RT are likely not gonna be ready to start 2018. I have no confidence in Murray at this point either. We need something better but I can't imagine there being a FA solution that isn't gonna be a huge payday (and why would TT want to pay such a guy anyway since presumably we et Bulaga/Spriggs back mid-season when any high caliber guy will want a big multi-year deal). That seems to leave the draft but unless you are spending a first rounder is there anybody we'd trust to start there next year to protect Rodgers? Probably not, and yet I am not willing to spend a first rounder on that spot with the needs at EDGE. ****.

Just now, Acrid Josher said:

That seems to leave the draft but unless you are spending a first rounder is there anybody we'd trust to start there next year to protect Rodgers?

You mean Brett Hundley?  Rodgers is going to be a Brown as soon as the Packers release him.  We're rolling with Hundley next year. 

1 hour ago, Acrid Josher said:

Outside a couple throws I actually thought Hundley played maybe his best game (Steelers game was good too but a lot of that was receivers with YAC). If there aren't 6+ drops this might have actually been a one score game at the end.

Injury list was seriously depressing in a meaningless game. On a certain level there is only so much you can do about that since you have to field players, but man I hope we mothball every semi-important starter next week if they aren't already out with injury (at the very least: Bahk, Clark, Daniels, Randall, Adams, maybe also HHCD, Martinez, Taylor, Linsley, Hundley, Cobb, Nelson).

Spriggs going down with quite possibly an ACL was potentially devastating for next year. It would mean both our preferred starting RT are likely not gonna be ready to start 2018. I have no confidence in Murray at this point either. We need something better but I can't imagine there being a FA solution that isn't gonna be a huge payday (and why would TT want to pay such a guy anyway since presumably we et Bulaga/Spriggs back mid-season when any high caliber guy will want a big multi-year deal). That seems to leave the draft but unless you are spending a first rounder is there anybody we'd trust to start there next year to protect Rodgers? Probably not, and yet I am not willing to spend a first rounder on that spot with the needs at EDGE. ****.

Will Bulaga not be ready to start the 2018 season?

These injuries are getting ridiculous.  Like AG#20 said in another thread here - the strength and conditioning/training staff has to be examined this offseason and perhaps changes made there too.

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

No offense, but what in the hell were you watching?  Hundley is dreadful and isn't getting better with more playing time.

6+ drops, playing with a bunch of back-ups, 2 non-call pass interferences on Mike Clark and no effort at all on the deep pass to Davis; the ball was no more than 2 feet away! We replayed it twice and he never put a hand out. Give us the 2 PI and if Davis put forth 1/10 the effort. On. Did on his deep ball and we hit on 3 of those long balls. Add in the multitude of drops and Hundley would have another 100+ yards and a TD.

Was Hundley AR... no but he was not the whole problem last night. His INT in the red zone was terrible, the one at the end of the game... dudes just trying to do anything. Game was over!  

Finally, the broadcast never showed what was going on, late in the game, down field. Hundley is running all over and staying in the picket with his eyes down field, and there seemed to be nowhere to go with the ball. May or may not have been on him on those plays as well. 

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

6+ drops, playing with a bunch of back-ups, 2 non-call pass interferences on Mike Clark and no effort at all on the deep pass to Davis; the ball was no more than 2 feet away! We replayed it twice and he never put a hand out. Give us the 2 PI and if Davis put forth 1/10 the effort. On. Did on his deep ball and we hit on 3 of those long balls. Add in the multitude of drops and Hundley would have another 100+ yards and a TD.

Was Hundley AR... no but he was not the whole problem last night. His INT in the red zone was terrible, the one at the end of the game... dudes just trying to do anything. Game was over!  

Finally, the broadcast never showed what was going on, late in the game, down field. Hundley is running all over and staying in the picket with his eyes down field, and there seemed to be nowhere to go with the ball. May or may not have been on him on those plays as well. 

You are right about him having no where to go.  I have a big issue with our WR coach.  Why do our WRs have problems getting separation outside of Davante and perhaps Cobb??  That WR coach should be shown the door along with Capers.

Archived