Fantasy Football General Discussion Thread 2024

AFF

44 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I forget Fishbowl scoring format, but when they nerfed QB's, did they do that for their rushing too?  Because I doubt Jayden Daniels was going to still be on the board much past QB17 - if even there at all - but you know those are the types that make for solid backfills that still give a little ceiling.  Levis, I think we both expect to be a chucker for good or bad, but I've actually got a number of best ball shares in him so far.  Any shot at a post-hype sleeper grab on Geno?  I'd almost rather take shares in him and than trust on Wilson in Arthur Smith's system - which, in my opinion, is closer to Sean Payton's approach that Russ floundered in than it is to a looser system that "let's Russ cook," in whatever people consider that to be.

Nope, he only reduced the yardage- .02 ppy or 50 yds/1 point, which is half of the normal scoring. TDs are up to 6 points though.

In fact, rushing QBs have some extra value because there is a .25 point bonus per rush & .5 points per rushing first down.

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its TE premium isnt it?

1 point extra per reception for TE, but there is also .5 extra points per reception for WRs.. which also kills some value for the rare Alvin Kamara type who relies on PPR

GPgNMwaXsAAKUkq?format=jpg&name=large

So got offered a pretty crazy trade in a re-draft league. 

I get: 
1st round (3rd overall) 
2nd round (22nd overall) 
9th round 
10th round 
11th round 

He gets: 
3rd round (34th overall) 
4th round (39th overall) 
5th round 
6th round 
7th round 

Originally I said No pretty quickly but now thinking it over. Pretty steep price to pay for having 4 picks in the top 22 cuz I wouldnt Pick again until pick 87! 

My guy this year is St. Brown. So I might Even look for a fall back trade from 3 to 5 or 6 adding maybe a 6th for a 9th. Not sure yet. In this league u start 3 Receivers. (QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-Flex) so starting the draft with a St. Brown - Puka - Wilson/Brown - Adams/Harrison/Waddle/Nabers has me really intrigued. 

From 87-120 I’d have like 6 picks and would hope for some of these guys…

Pollard/Spears 
Hockenson 
Chase Brown 
Jaylen Warren 
JK Dobbins 
Jerome Ford 
Jameson Williams 
Jared Goff
Caleb Williams 
Ladd McConkey 

The trade wasn’t that big last year but I did end up with 4 picks in like the top 30 and started with drafting 3WRs ended up with St. Brown - Lamb - Wilson - Evans - Puka and won the whole thing.

On 7/26/2024 at 2:32 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

I get: 
1st round (3rd overall) 
2nd round (22nd overall) 
9th round 
10th round 
11th round 

He gets: 
3rd round (34th overall) 
4th round (39th overall) 
5th round 
6th round 
7th round 

Originally I said No pretty quickly but now thinking it over. Pretty steep price to pay for having 4 picks in the top 22 cuz I wouldnt Pick again until pick 87! 

My guy this year is St. Brown. So I might Even look for a fall back trade from 3 to 5 or 6 adding maybe a 6th for a 9th. Not sure yet. In this league u start 3 Receivers. (QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-Flex) so starting the draft with a St. Brown - Puka - Wilson/Brown - Adams/Harrison/Waddle/Nabers has me really intrigued. 

Pollard/Spears 
Hockenson 
Chase Brown 
Jaylen Warren 
JK Dobbins 
Jerome Ford 
Jameson Williams 
Jared Goff
Caleb Williams 
Ladd McConkey 

The trade wasn’t that big last year but I did end up with 4 picks in like the top 30 and started with drafting 3WRs ended up with St. Brown - Lamb - Wilson - Evans - Puka and won the whole thing.

Hmmm I would actually be intrigued as well.

Where does your original 1st round pick sit?

On 7/26/2024 at 2:32 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

I get: 
1st round (3rd overall) 
2nd round (22nd overall) 
9th round 
10th round 
11th round 

He gets: 
3rd round (34th overall) 
4th round (39th overall) 
5th round 
6th round 
7th round 

Pollard/Spears 
Hockenson 
Chase Brown 
Jaylen Warren 
JK Dobbins 
Jerome Ford 
Jameson Williams 
Jared Goff
Caleb Williams 
Ladd McConkey 

I’d rather have the depth options.  You run the risk of having two key injuries and your season is done without a whole lot of support in the middle of the draft.  

• 5 weeks later...

I pick 8th in a 12-man Superflex and am torn between strategies. Part of me wants to go QB heavy early (i.e. Kyler Murray (8) and Jayden Daniels (17)) to just get it out of the way, but other parts of me want to go no QBs and stack my WR/RB/TE slots, then roll with some combination of Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, Drake Maye and Bo Nix. Looking back at last years results, almost every team that made our playoffs had weak QB play. Not sure what to do.

Thoughts on the best strategy to deploy for Superflex?

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

I pick 8th in a 12-man Superflex and am torn between strategies. Part of me wants to go QB heavy early (i.e. Kyler Murray (8) and Jayden Daniels (17)) to just get it out of the way, but other parts of me want to go no QBs and stack my WR/RB/TE slots, then roll with some combination of Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, Drake Maye and Bo Nix. Looking back at last years results, almost every team that made our playoffs had weak QB play. Not sure what to do.

I always take at least one QB early.  Once you get into that middle of the pack, I feel like output is basically the same. So Hero QB is often my strategy if I can’t get 2 high end guys. 

So 1 high end and one bottom 24 QB.  if possible, grab 2 of those bottom 24 guys and sell to someone who was left holding the bag with a complete trashcan QB as a starter (get back that trash QB as part of the trade so you still have 3). Even better if a manager got stuck autodrafting as leagues often base their ADP on 1 QB leagues. 

19 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Below are the results from last nights draft. All in all, very pleased. 

1. (8) Kyler Murray (Ari - QB)
2. (17) Garrett Wilson (NYJ - WR)
3. (32) Kyren Williams (LAR - RB)
4. (41) Davante Adams (LV - WR)
5. (56) James Conner (Ari - RB)
6. (65) George Kittle (SF - TE)
7. (80) Terry McLaurin (Was - WR)
8. (89) Tee Higgins (Cin - WR)
9. (104) Diontae Johnson (Car - WR)
10. (113) Brian Thomas Jr. (Jax - WR)
11. (128) Jordan Addison (Min - WR)
12. (137) J.K. Dobbins (LAC - RB)
13. (152) Drake Maye (NE - QB)
14. (161) Chicago (Chi - DEF)
15. (176) Dallas Goedert (Phi - TE)
16. (185) Andrei Iosivas (Cin - WR)
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 12:48 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Last year had a ton of injuries to QBs so having the right backups was big.  I try to look at points scored by the guy I want vs the next option for all positions.  If an elite RB or WR falls to you, the drop off from the top 3 RBs or top 5 WRs to the next tier is pretty big.  If you can get one of the elite QBs than that sounds great but if not, I don't see a huge gap between the 2nd and 3rd tier and then not as much of a gap even to that next tier (Baker, Maye, etc).  So don't go in locked into a strategy, go in with understanding of who you value and where and take the best player available.  Having Breece Hall at 8 and then Daniels/Love at 17 and grabbing one of Herbert, Lawrence, Rodgers, Maye, etc later would be better IMO than Murray and Daniels/Love and then having to hit on the RB in the later rounds.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Current BN: Jordan Addison, Tony Pollard, Curtis Samuel, Blake Corum, Tyler Allegier and Jordan Mason.

I'll need to drop one for a DB. I'm debating between Addison and Samuel. Leaning Addison.

Thoughts?

I would cut Samuel.  He has the least upside IMO.  very rarely does an old WR get to a good situation and blow up.  I think Coleman, Shakir and Kincaid will be the highest target shares there and Samuel will be a decent Wr3 at best.  I hate Addison with Darnold but he is still a very good WR2 and based on last year should have some trade value at least before the season starts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would cut Samuel.  He has the least upside IMO.  very rarely does an old WR get to a good situation and blow up.  I think Coleman, Shakir and Kincaid will be the highest target shares there and Samuel will be a decent Wr3 at best.  I hate Addison with Darnold but he is still a very good WR2 and based on last year should have some trade value at least before the season starts. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

12 Team F PPR. picked at #10. Please rate my draft

QB - Jordan Love, Jared Goff

RB- Kyren Williams, Zamir White, Chase Brown, Trey Benson
WR - Nico Collins, Cooper Kupp, Jamarr Chase, Xavier Worthy , Romeo Doubs , Jakobi Meyers

TE- Dalton Kincaid, Isaiah Likely

DEF - Ravens

K - Jake Bates

20 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

12 Team F PPR. picked at #10. Please rate my draft

QB - Jordan Love, Jared Goff

RB- Kyren Williams, Zamir White, Chase Brown, Trey Benson
WR - Nico Collins, Cooper Kupp, Jamarr Chase, Xavier Worthy , Romeo Doubs , Jakobi Meyers

TE- Dalton Kincaid, Isaiah Likely

DEF - Ravens

K - Jake Bates

Monitor the waiver wire for a real RB 2 after an injury or something (or hope brown is legit) and I think this will be a really good squad.

I don't think white is legit rb2 option, tbh. Could be wrong, but don't think he's getting the volume people project