Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

34 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

NBA money is crazy. Just different than other sports. 

Meanwhile NHL players make less than they did a quarter century ago lol. This man makes almost twice as much as McDavid.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

34 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I've got a friend telling me the Knicks are a championship contender and I just do wonder if the casual NBA fan really bites onto any new narrative 

Knicks would've made the final 4 if they weren't a hospital team. 

I guess I don't know how you define "contender" but if you get better as a team that can already make the final 4, I think you can use that term.

Just now, General Tso said:

Knicks would've made the final 4 if they weren't a hospital team. 

I guess I don't know how you define "contender" but if you get better as a team that can already make the final 4, I think you can use that term.

Easy to say the Pacers would've been much better with healthy haliburton. 

I believe in Brunson. I believe in Randle as a capable #2 at best... and I also imagine Bridges is a great fit next to them. I just don't think Hart and Divencenzo round out a championship core

The pacers are going to very good. Andrew and Benny are going to get better. There’s no team in the East besides Boston that can keep up with the pace. Not to mention they have a very deep bench and 3 great Pgs who can keep the pressure all 48 mins. The series vs Boston did nothing but make them better. We played them way better than the mavs did. Lack of experience hurt them a ton… 

Edited by El Ramster

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Guess I was right to pass out right before the Knix Pix. Could their cap not take on first rounders or is this just Rose and Thibs hating the draft again?

you can always sign your picks under the cap but those guys won't play anyway and they'll save actual money

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude has a descending $15 mil or less per year contract through 2028. He's worth more than pick 14 (equivalent of a late 20s pick in a normal draft), 2029 protected first and the shell of Malcolm Brogdon. 

I think they're clearing minutes for Bilal, and probably were getting better offers for Deni than Kuz.  Getting Brogdon should make them a little more competitive, and hopefully he gets the usage that brings his value up to where they can get some additional value out of moving him.  I don't know.  I would've rather moved Kuzma than Deni, but it is what it is.  Deni may have wanted out.  Not the best value for him, unless you get something else flipping Brogdon at the deadline.  Getting an efficient veteran pg on an expiring deal in addition to the picks isn't the worst thing though, if Deni didn't want to be here.  

19 hours ago, General Tso said:

Well I don't think Woj tipped anything.

Just don't follow Shams on Twitter.

ESPN tipping every pick made it unwatchable.  I don't get why they spend the time and effort to air the draft just to ruin every pick 3 minutes before its announced.  I get having the hottest new news is a thing in journalism but it should be frowned upon for events like this.  

12 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

ESPN tipping every pick made it unwatchable.  I don't get why they spend the time and effort to air the draft just to ruin every pick 3 minutes before its announced.  I get having the hottest new news is a thing in journalism but it should be frowned upon for events like this.  

i started on ESPN but once they just ruined the holland surprise i went to ABC and that broadcast was just so bad i went back to ESPN and just dealt with the spoiling by the end of the lottery 

• Like 1