Jacksonville City council approves new Jaguars Stadium

LinderFournette

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

$1.4 billion in renovations, 55% of which is being funded by Jacksonville taxpayers. Consider me 45% ok with this.

Thats a tired trope for me....an enhanced stadium leads to more people coming out which leads to more people spending money in the surrounding area. Thats why this has always made sense for the tax payers to help fund

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Thats a tired trope for me....an enhanced stadium leads to more people coming out which leads to more people spending money in the surrounding area. Thats why this has always made sense for the tax payers to help fund

Hm. Your take is inconsistent with the facts

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/pam.22534?casa_token=KX0B9lxFAlAAAAAA%3AsUVy_4W8S_O6cCsJaRnctm4mfgaZoYo8_1fPKJoAc1OBXblf2By0bAGY1DB5aiqCS2v-dZ1owPQBsck

"Despite robust evidence that stadiums are not economic development catalysts and confer limited social benefits, public outlays persist and exhibit a positive growth trajectory, which could prove costly to government budgets in coming decades"

• Like 7

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

this is false. There's zero evidence ever there's economic benefit for taxpayer funded stadiums. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

How's St. Louis doing compared to when the Rams were there? I don't know if the following site is accurate or whatever, but if the Rams bounced in uh 2016? Then the GDP of the area boomed immediately after lmao.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/183890/gdp-of-the-stlouis-metro-area/

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

"that's a tired trope" immediately before mindlessly repeating the single most tired, endlessly debunked trope about why it's actually great and cool to have the public foot the bill for a stadium project. incredible

• Like 7

On 6/25/2024 at 9:48 PM, El Ramster said:

Sofi stadium is so beautiful bro. The open air flow while sometimes hot as crap! You can sweat 😓 a lot. But when it’s fresh outside it’s so nice. The concerts and venues are amazing! It really is state of the art. 

One of the most poorly constructed stadiums of recent memory. I could go on for days about the corners they cut and issues that we saw/heard when it was being built. The company I worked for at the time wrote the builders risk insurance policy on it. 

We lost our ***. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

giphy.webp

There is a reason that stadium's pricetag ended up where it did lol. I'll share an example of one of the items that did get caught/rectified thankfully. Let's just say that the contractor they hired to pour the concrete footings of the stadium didn't take into account the soil tests that were conducted. They poured the footings way more shallow than plan. They didn't even last a few months, which was a blessing in disguise as would have been a disaster, as they already had crews on site building on them. 

Long story short, they had to completely start fresh on all that. That cost/loss alone was enourmous. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

One of the most poorly constructed stadiums of recent memory. I could go on for days about the corners they cut and issues that we saw/heard when it was being built. The company I worked for at the time wrote the builders risk insurance policy on it. 

We lost our ***. 

What was it? Because to me it’s absolutely beautiful…