Training Camp Thread

16 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

"

"The Broncos' quarterback room for the regular season will take shape over the coming days, and Payton said Sunday he sees "the three of them making it" to the roster.

Stidham said while he has "no doubts" he's a "starting caliber quarterback," he'll aim to serve as a resource for starting quarterback Bo Nix.

"I'm going to do whatever I can to help Bo get prepared," Stidham said. "… I'm going to help him in whatever way I can and then also be ready to go if I need to be."

From the Bronco's website.

That's Patrick Smyth cleaning things up after yesterday. 

Again given the salary number it may also be a play where the FO lets Patrick clear waivers and then adds him if/when Troy Franklin gets a phantom IR designation.    

I don’t have a problem if we want to go in a different direction as he’s signed only for 2024.    Love what he did for us but he’s not a long term piece either.    But of all the guys we waive he’s the most expensive - so more likely to clear waivers as well.   

As much as ppl like Patrick as a good guy his cap number isn’t going to create high demand on the WW.  Something to watch for.  

EDIT:   Missed that he agreed to a vet min salary cut.   Man that removes the $ salary disincentive.   

Edited by Broncofan

Perine being cut/traded saves us about 3 million and Patrick saves us about another 1 million. While somewhat surprised about Patrick being let go, He's also an older player that won't be around next year so makes sense to keep and continue to develop younger guys. 

• Like 1