Hard Knocks: Offseason

minutemancl

I didn't see a thread for the discussion of this show as it airs; I apologize if this is in the wrong place or there is a thread I missed.

Let's talk Hard Knocks: Offseason with the Giants. The first episode was fine, but this latest episode was awesome. I don't think we've ever gotten that much of an inside look at combine activities. From the interviews to Schoen planting the seed of a potential trade with the Patriots, that was a pretty unprecedented viewing experience for a fan of football.

Dabs was the star of this episode, and you can see why people tend to love him even despite his reported crazy blow ups. I really appreciated Nabers answers regarding not getting the ball. You want your receiver to be a bit of a diva.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I really appreciated Nabers answers regarding not getting the ball. You want your receiver to be a bit of a diva.

Meanwhile Cardinals fans are in love with MHJ's answers in his interview with the Giants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Meanwhile Cardinals fans are in love with MHJ's answers in his interview with the Giants.

I loved his answers too. Based on him opting out of everything and having a very successful father, I did not expect him to be as down to earth as he is. 

Honestly, Rome gave great answers too. But Rome is a boy scout. You'll never hear from him if he doesn't get targets, and he'll block his *** off every play. The biggest difference is that Nabers has juice that neither of those guys have.

23 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I loved his answers too. Based on him opting out of everything and having a very successful father, I did not expect him to be as down to earth as he is. 

Honestly, Rome gave great answers too. But Rome is a boy scout. You'll never hear from him if he doesn't get targets, and he'll block his *** off every play. The biggest difference is that Nabers has juice that neither of those guys have.

Yeah he gives off a LOT of Larry Fitz energy.

I stinking LOVED Rome Odunze in the draft. If the Cardinals traded down to 6, 7, or 8, he was my top target. Think he's gonna be an amazing player in this league.

All three of the top guys at WR this year will be special, I think.

10 hours ago, Soko said:

I haven’t been watching it but the clips that I’ve seen of Joe Schoen haven’t been flattering at all.

Pretty rare to get this kind of access to someone who is terrible at their job.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Eh, give me Jerry Rice or Larry Fitz tbh

Outside of when Arthur Smith got here, Julio Jones was awesome as a teammate in Atlanta too. Arthur Smith was just atrocious.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Eh, give me Jerry Rice or Larry Fitz tbh

I could not stop laughing at that interview. Perfect example of real life Office Space.

"How do you handle not getting the ball?"
"Honestly, I'm gonna be a pretty big ***** about it."
"Perfect we were 32/32 in WR 2nd quarter temper tantrums last year"

There's a difference between "I want the ball and am disappointed when teams scheme me out, but realize as long as the team exploits that elsewhere it's okay" and "MY BALL GIMME GIMME".

• Like 2

On 7/12/2024 at 12:45 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I could not stop laughing at that interview. Perfect example of real life Office Space.

"How do you handle not getting the ball?"
"Honestly, I'm gonna be a pretty big ***** about it."
"Perfect we were 32/32 in WR 2nd quarter temper tantrums last year"

There's a difference between "I want the ball and am disappointed when teams scheme me out, but realize as long as the team exploits that elsewhere it's okay" and "MY BALL GIMME GIMME".

Maybe I’m thinking of their other WR, but wasn’t he the one who after their first loss went and removed all LSU stuff from social media and made vague transfer portal threats a couple years ago? If so, big surprise from that response…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite part of the last episode (ep.4) is when they went down the list of 1st round QBs in the last ten years and labeled Daniel Jones as a hit. This, all while trying to scheme up a way to draft one of the top QBs.

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

My favorite part of the last episode (ep.4) is when they went down the list of 1st round QBs in the last ten years and labeled Daniel Jones as a hit. This, all while trying to scheme up a way to draft one of the top QBs.

Their criteria for hit was if they were still with their original team or not. For all of Jones' faults he is still with the team that drafted him. 

On 7/11/2024 at 11:53 PM, Soko said:

I haven’t been watching it but the clips that I’ve seen of Joe Schoen haven’t been flattering at all.

Seems to be true everytime I see a clip, lol.

Joe Schoen: “Just got a text that Chicago’s driving the price up (on Saquon) and Philly’s out.”

Mara: “I’m gonna have a tough time sleeping if Saquon goes to Philadelphia, I’ll tell ya that.”

*news breaks that Saquon’s signing in Philadelphia, with Mara in the room*

Joe Schoen: *nervous laugh*, “we’re gonna be fine.”

There was an earlier clip too, one of the guys in the room (didn’t catch who it was) was asking “are we positive no one’s going to offer Saquon north of $12M (annually)?”

Schoen brushed him off and asked who would possibly do that, lol. Wanted the guy to name teams. 

Kinda liked Schoen before this, but JFC, he looks bad in Hard Knocks IMO.

• Like 1