49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

As much as I'd like to see Aiyuk in Pittsburgh I just don't think it happens but Cleveland? Do they know what their cap situation is next year? Like...how in tf are they gonna afford him?

I think it's the opposite... I think Pittsburgh is the most likely destination due to them reportedly being the only team Aiyuk will sign an extension with.

I think Cleveland would trade for him without him agreeing to an extension but the compensation would obviously have to be way less. As to how they can afford him? Don't know... but Berry has been pretty good at manipulating the cap so far.

Now watch it be some random team out of left field that trades for him lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Feels like Washington might make sense for all parties.

Aiyuk for Dotson/McLaurin + mid round picks if needed to fill in the value 

Aiyuk gets to play with Daniels and SF gets a WR coming back

We aren’t giving up McLaurin. He’s basically the most popular player on the team and the coaches love him. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We aren’t giving up McLaurin. He’s basically the most popular player on the team and the coaches love him. 

If McLaurin goes to SF my fantasy season is over lol. I have a ton of Jayden + McLaurin stacks. 

Washington has pretty much been out from jump according to reports. Haven't heard them mentioned at all since talks ramped up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Washington has pretty much been out from jump according to reports. Haven't heard them mentioned at all since talks ramped up

That's a negotiating tactic? 🤔

• Like 1

I don't think he's moving. Pitt cannot really provide the compensation that we're expecting unless this ends up a Pickens/Aiyuk swap.

So BA is trying to force his way out of SF because he wants money and has turned down 2 teams that were willing to pay him? His optics are getting worse daily. I fully expect him to take a large step back this season and lose out on the potential for a top 10 contract at the position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

McLaurin is also making like 22M a year and will be a FA soon, cant imagine they will trade for a guy they will just have to re-sign next year for not cheap

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I can’t see them giving up picks and cap space to make it happen.  We’re not one player away from the playoffs, and I don’t see Peters rushing things.  He’s happy to use those picks on the future roster, and he may spend the cap space this coming off-season on Aiyuk or Higgins.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't think he's moving. Pitt cannot really provide the compensation that we're expecting unless this ends up a Pickens/Aiyuk swap.

So BA is trying to force his way out of SF because he wants money and has turned down 2 teams that were willing to pay him? His optics are getting worse daily. I fully expect him to take a large step back this season and lose out on the potential for a top 10 contract at the position.

I concur. Pickens would almost have to be part of the deal unless they are willing to give up their FRP. Everyone is saying “BA refused to go to Cleveland and New England, so Pittsburgh is the only option”, but he is under contract with the 49ers. 

If I’m running things I’m not trading him for anything less than he’s worth. Why the hell would you give the Steelers a discount just because he wants to go there?

Basically I’d tell him “Look, we let you explore your options and NE and Cleveland will give us what we want to move you and have met your contract demands, Pittsburgh is not willing to give us what we need to ship you out. You have three options:
1. Go to NE or Cleveland and sign a contract with them
2. Play here and finish out your contract. We may exercise our right under the CBA to franchise you after the season. 
3. Sit out and collect fines and possibly lose an accrual of a season on your current contract.”

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

McLaurin is also making like 22M a year and will be a FA soon, cant imagine they will trade for a guy they will just have to re-sign next year for not cheap

49ers would take on the following when trading for McLaurin's contract

2024: 15.15M salary, 850k in per game bonuses, 500k workout bonus = 16.45M cap hit (fully guaranteed)

2025: 15.25M salary, 1.4M roster bonus, 850k in per game bonuses, 500k workout bonus = 18M cap hit (nothing guaranteed)

Aiyuk is on a 14.124M fifth-year option. So, the trade would eat 2.3M in additional cap this year and 18M next year. They basically need every dollar of their current 31M cap space to rollover and be under a 277M cap in 2025 before such a trade. I just don't see them taking on that existing contract or extending McLaurin then moving Deebo for cap space in 2025 (the Aiyuk extension plan). I don't see Washington sending McLaurin + a high pick because the 49ers can't afford to extend him.

Edited by typecast
  • Like 2

Just now, GW21 said:

I concur. Pickens would almost have to be part of the deal unless they are willing to give up their FRP. Everyone is saying “BA refused to go to Cleveland and New England, so Pittsburgh is the only option”, but he is under contract with the 49ers. 

If I’m running things I’m not trading him for anything less than he’s worth. Why the hell would you give the Steelers a discount just because he wants to go there?

Basically I’d tell him “Look, we let you explore your options and NE and Cleveland will give us what we want to move you and have met your contract demands, Pittsburgh is not willing to give us what we need to ship you out. You have three options:
1. Go to NE or Cleveland and sign a contract with them
2. Play here and finish out your contract. We may exercise our right under the CBA to franchise you after the season. 
3. Sit out and collect fines and possibly lose an accrual of a season on your current contract.”

This also sets an awful precedent that this FO can just be pushed around if we just take this laying down.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

To me, it's either they trade him for a 2nd + player rental, play him and hope he agrees to an extension before the start of the league year, or play him and he walks in free agency (compensatory pick for losing him). The one thing working for him is that the 49ers cannot afford to franchise tag him next year.

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

This also sets an awful precedent that this FO can just be pushed around if we just take this laying down.

Kittle, Deebo, and Bosa have already shown they are pushovers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, typecast said:

2024: 15.15M salary, 850k in per game bonuses, 500k workout bonus = 16.45M cap hit (fully guaranteed)

2025: 15.25M salary, 1.4M roster bonus, 850k in per game bonuses, 500k workout bonus = 18M cap hit (nothing guaranteed)

Aiyuk is on a 14.124M fifth-year option. So, the trade would eat 2.3M in additional cap this year and 15.25M next year. They basically need every dollar of their current 31M cap space to rollover and be under a 277M cap in 2025 before such a trade. I just don't see them taking on that existing contract or extending McLaurin then moving Deebo for cap space in 2025 (the Aiyuk extension plan). I don't see Washington sending McLaurin + a high pick because the 49ers can't afford to extend him.

Great post.  Washington isn’t going to do it.  Previous regimes?  Yeah, maybe, but not Adam Peters.