49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

So SF has an offer on the table to Aiyuk and a deal on the table from Pittsburgh to trade for Aiyuk.   

It benefits both teams to get Aiyuk into camp and practicing sooner vs later.  As long as the offer from SF and the trade to Pittsburgh stay on the table, Aiyuk doesn't to rush to a decision. 

How long does he take to decide and how long do the teams wait?

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

So SF has an offer on the table to Aiyuk and a deal on the table from Pittsburgh to trade for Aiyuk.   

It benefits both teams to get Aiyuk into camp and practicing sooner vs later.  As long as the offer from SF and the trade to Pittsburgh stay on the table, Aiyuk doesn't to rush to a decision. 

You forget the third option- he really wants to go to Washington, and throws an AB-type fit to try and get there.  

I’m at a loss for this, but I think he somehow plays out this season in SF, either under the original contract or part of an extension.  

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He probably was. His style of play also incurs injuries in fairness, even though he is a tank on the field.

On the Receiver show they showed the Super Bowl and Deebo pulled a Hammy. Kittle also re-tore his shoulder. 

Like you said though, injury-prone styles of play. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You forget the third option- he really wants to go to Washington, and throws an AB-type fit to try and get there.  

I’m at a loss for this, but I think he somehow plays out this season in SF, either under the original contract or part of an extension.  

I feel like the AB option is incredibly small

Sounds like the niners and Aiyuk have crossed over the hardest part of the extension talk, schefter indicates they aren't as close as suggested, I guess.

Trudging toward the finish line one way or the over lol

On 8/14/2024 at 12:03 PM, squire12 said:

I'm surprised the deal hasn't already been made. Especially since both teams benefit and Pittsburgh needs a true No. 2 receiver 

23 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I'm surprised the deal hasn't already been made. Especially since both teams benefit and Pittsburgh needs a true No. 2 receiver 

SF wants Aiyuk for 2024.  If it is just picks in 2025, getting them in August vs September vs October is a big difference.

Pittsburgh wants Aiyuk, so waiting is fine.  It all comes down to want Aiyuk wants

On 8/14/2024 at 3:03 PM, squire12 said:

There's also the option that Aiyuk has sent them his most recent counter offer and the 49ers are deciding to resign or trade.

59 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think he signs with SF. They're just ironing out the details now.

If SF is actually offering $30M a year, the only thing holding him from signing that contract is the Guaranteed number? The only number that truly matters.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

If SF is actually offering $30M a year, the only thing holding him from signing that contract is the Guaranteed number? The only number that truly matters.

Yea that’s my first thought as well. What amount is guaranteed?