Raider Training Camp 2024

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Teams are gonna have to make a decision in the passing game vs Us

Either double team/bracket coverage Adams and leave Bowers/Tucker/Meyers on single coverage 

Or Single coverage Adams

Bad results will happen for defense 

Someones going to be open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope they give glaze a real chance to compete for a job. Prefer this office to even have a chance the office of line have to have a let the best man win mentality

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I hope they give glaze a real chance to compete for a job. Prefer this office to even have a chance the office of line have to have a let the best man win mentality

I imagine they will give him a chance since this admin drafted him 

He’s been steady all offseason. Look forward to seeing him in the preseason games 

50 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Someones going to be open.

Yea somebody is gonna be open in our pass game. Teams are gonna have to respect Tucker and Bowers speed. Meyers and Adams route running has to be respected as well. 

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is a QB league. They are not winning 10+ games with Minshew/AOC at QB. Unless the defense is the 2000 Ravens, I don't see how they win more than 8 games. 

Well, they won 8 games last year with a rookie AOC thrown in at the deep end and Jimmy flipping Garoppolo at QB so I guess 10 wins is distinctly possible though I’d bet about 7 or 8 of course.

In theory, the defence should have improved with the addition of Wilkins plus another year of continuity in the system and the removal of Garoppolo and more experience for AOC should really be a positive for the offence. 

I can see a world where we’re significantly better than last year but actually win less games, like 6 or 7. I think we really need to see how the games play out aswell as the results themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Well, they won 8 games last year with a rookie AOC thrown in at the deep end and Jimmy flipping Garoppolo at QB so I guess 10 wins is distinctly possible though I’d bet about 7 or 8 of course.

In theory, the defence should have improved with the addition of Wilkins plus another year of continuity in the system and the removal of Garoppolo and more experience for AOC should really be a positive for the offence. 

I can see a world where we’re significantly better than last year but actually win less games, like 6 or 7. I think we really need to see how the games play out aswell as the results themselves.

They don't get guys like Zach Wilson, Easton Stick. and Stidham this year who AOC might be better than. 

I agree in theory, they should be better. And like you said, may win less games despite being a better team. 

Still have a lot of questions to answer at HC, OC and QB.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not really when the QB isn't a threat. They will stack the box, take away the run and force the QB to make quick decisions consistently. 

Amazing to me how much some of you downplay the QB position. Look at the Jets, Vikings, Flacons a year ago. Great skill talent to create mismatches, no QB talent to make it work consistently.  

Minshew/AOC are better than Zach Wilson/Josh Dobbs/Desmond Ridder. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Better coaching and playing in the weakest division. 

You could argue that division was better than ours outside of KC, and the weakest division was actually the NFC South.

I think Bowers is going have a LaPorta type of rookie year. He's going straight up beast.

• Tae is going get the Tae coverage. he will be the focal point that defenses gameplan to stop
  • Bowers is a special player. He will take advantage of 1on1s. He's going move the chains 
  • Jacoby Meyers had such a good year in 2023 because of the Tae attention. I think Bowers is better than Meyers and will take the targets 
  • We also will have better QB play. We have pocket passers who will look for their big TE for easy completions 
  • Getsy kinda runs old school ball, get the TE involved. Mayer will get some looks, but I can see him blocking more. Hence the weight gain 
Edited by Humble_Beast

Bowers Training Camp seems amazing. I don’t remember this type of buzz on Mayer at all. 

Such a shame we don’t have a real franchise QB. Zamir White-Davante Adams-Jakobi Meyers-Tre Tucker-Brock Bowers-Michael Mayer. Holy jesus batman. A Franchise QB would absolutely tear up the league with this cast. 

AOC will probably have like a 22-13 statline with 3700 yards though if he plays all year lol. Mahomes with this cast throws 42 touchdowns, 8 picks, and like 5000 yards. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They don't get guys like Zach Wilson, Easton Stick. and Stidham this year who AOC might be better than. 

I agree in theory, they should be better. And like you said, may win less games despite being a better team. 

Still have a lot of questions to answer at HC, OC and QB.

We simply don’t know that. Logic would suggest that a couple injuries might take place so we’ve no idea who we’ll be playing in week 14 or 17 for example, plus also you’d think that O’Connell would be better than last year given he’s having a complete camp with more reps, has half a season experience now and hopefully is in a better system for him.

Last year we had some good fortune but we also had the McDaniels disaster to content with early in the season. I think we’re all of a similar train of thought at around 6 to 9 wins maybe with the possibility of a couple more if things really go our way or a couple less if we have bad injury fortune.

Totally agree there are questions to answer and hopefully we’ll be able to at least know by seasons end if they’re viable moving forward.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

This season is just gonna force the Raiders to do the 1 thing they been hesitant on doing for years!! And that’s going all in on a QB.

Kind of sucks though cause we might trade Adams mid season and then we don’t have this all star cast for a QB anymore. Even if we keep Adams, he’s 32 next year. I think he has one Elite season and one good season left in the chamber. The time to have an Elite QB is this year.