Raider Training Camp 2024

I’m positive someone has already mentioned this, but BPA is all fun to say until it happens. Raiders maybe got their RT of the future in Glaze(still have to wait and see). They haven’t shown any interest in adding a CB. It’s impossible to fill every hole in one offseason. Like it was mentioned. It’s a marathon. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If Bowers becomes a generational tight end, this will be laughable discourse. 

Like I said, certainly not outside of the realm of possibility. Had Hernandez not been a headcase off the field, he and Gronk likely both have HOF TE careers. 

Still, it has to actually happen. Count the eggs after they hatch. I was told Henry Ruggs would revolutionize the position, Cle would be a sturdy 8 sack guy, Abram was going to set the tine on D, Arnette was the most pro-ready CB, Leatherwood was an award winning OT and surefire brick wall, and Tyree was a beast waiting to be unleashed. 

Not saying Bowers will continue our trend of round 1 washouts, just that him actually doing what we're told.he can do is easier said than done and currently driven by the same hype and hyperbole as our other 1st round picks people weren't allowed to be skeptical about until it was cool to do so. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Like I said, certainly not outside of the realm of possibility. Had Hernandez not been a headcase off the field, he and Gronk likely both have HOF TE careers. 

Still, it has to actually happen. Count the eggs after they hatch. I was told Henry Ruggs would revolutionize the position, Cle would be a sturdy 8 sack guy, Abram was going to set the tine on D, Arnette was the most pro-ready CB, Leatherwood was an award winning OT and surefire brick wall, and Tyree was a beast waiting to be unleashed. 

Not saying Bowers will continue our trend of round 1 washouts, just that him actually doing what we're told.he can do is easier said than done and currently driven by the same hype and hyperbole as our other 1st round picks people weren't allowed to be skeptical about until it was cool to do so. 

I think Bowers is a much better talent than most if not all of those guys. Totally ok to be skeptical about the pick, personally I'm thrilled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think Bowers is a much better talent than most if not all of those guys. Totally ok to be skeptical about the pick, personally I'm thrilled.

Yes, he seems to be a very different personality to some of those players too. I can’t see him busting, injuries permitting, but just how good he’ll be is a question mark for now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Moehrig is a cornerstone now? And JPJ has had like 3 practices as a professional. Maybe rethink some of this. 

I’m projecting an all pro break out year for Moehrig. JPJ is a Richie clone, going be a staple to the IOL for the next 10 years 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah, Bowers as a talent is simply lightyears ahead of the likes of Ferrell, Abram, Leatherwood... like come on. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m projecting an all pro break out year for Moehrig. JPJ is a Richie clone, going be a staple to the IOL for the next 10 years 

Man you really fall for the training camp hype don't you? 

I'm excited to see our RZ O this year, especially within the 5 yard line. Mayer is a big body who can win contested balls. Bowers sneaking out of a FB position in the flat sounds amazing. MInshew's legs. Zamir's power. Adams and Meyers being great route runners. Tre on sweeps...

Lots of potential for Getsy to play around with.

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yes, he seems to be a very different personality to some of those players too. I can’t see him busting, injuries permitting, but just how good he’ll be is a question mark for now.

I was watching the ap presser and heard Brock is banged up? Anyone got anything on it? One play I saw he got tackled weird by the sideline first preseason game iirc.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Man you really fall for the training camp hype don't you? 

Im not saying hes All Pro, but he had a good year last year and is ascending. Wouldnt shock me if he has some Pro Bowl love, especially behind this DL. Talented players that are afforded the luxury of growing within a system usually do pretty well. 

By all accounts Bowers has done everything to live up to his hype, yet were unhappy because we have another TE? lol have yall not seen who weve blown picks on in the first round this century lol 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was watching the ap presser and heard Brock is banged up? Anyone got anything on it? One play I saw he got tackled weird by the sideline first preseason game iirc.

I read it's precautionary. Sore foot, he could play if there was a game tomorrow. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Geezy said:

By all accounts Bowers has done everything to live up to his hype, yet were unhappy because we have another TE? lol have yall not seen who weve blown picks on in the first round this century lol 

Crazy right... been screaming about taking the best player for years, do it and some are unhappy. 

The Raiders got a top 7 player at 13 overall and some are mad because they didn't reach on a CB I guess in what was seen as the worst year for CB prospects in a few years.

• Like 2