Jets DE Haason Reddick not reporting to camp over his contract

Steelersfan43

It's kinda hilarious. He told them he was good with playing out his deal if they trade for him. They do that, then he walks it back and demands a deal.

I wonder if this leads to a second trade. Some kind of Reddick+Brownlee+pick for devante Adams deal?

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

It's kinda hilarious. He told them he was good with playing out his deal if they trade for him. They do that, then he walks it back and demands a deal.

I wonder if this leads to a second trade. Some kind of Reddick+Brownlee+pick for devante Adams deal?

Pass-rushers are one of the few thing the Raiders don't need. I am all for moving Tae but I would prefer picks or young chips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

Then we lose a dynamic pass rusher. 

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

There is a reason the Eagles weren't interested in extending him and sold him for less than his perceived value. Also from my understanding it wasn't that he was good playing out his deal, but the Jets told him they would offer him more money if they saw him playing well on the field. They offered him an increase in $$$ but not at the value he wanted(he likely never gets the money he wants regardless) and they told him if he wants more he needs to show up and play.

Reddick will play, but changing teams and missing the offseason is going to slow his production early in the year. This will be an interesting one to follow. I am not remotely surprised that he is holding out... this is what I expected all along if he didn't get a raise.

11 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lol this is most Jets thing ever… trade for a player wait 2 months, and find out he wants a new deal and not showing up and be surprised. 

Except that is not what happened. The Jets had a understanding with him and he went back on it. Maybe they will come to a middle ground, he is going to be a important piece to the defense that requires the DL to put pressure on the QB. 

• Like 1

He’s underpaid, so it makes sense. Dude’s been incredibly productive, so he’s got the legs to stand on. I get that reportedly he walked back his agreement…but realistically, the same reason guys sit out camp on the tag, applies here. Reddick walks out there on good faith that NY will take care of him, tears his ACL, and then what? Will he still get the big deal? Can’t blame him.

NY has the money to fatten up his deal too, but they’re kind of in a tough spot as far as setting a bad precedent goes. Though they’ve already shown that rules and mantras only apply to players when convenient…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Except that is not what happened. The Jets had a understanding with him and he went back on it. Maybe they will come to a middle ground, he is going to be a important piece to the defense that requires the DL to put pressure on the QB. 

Considering teams have "understandings" all the time that arent in writing, its kind of funny to see it go the other way

12 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Except that is not what happened. The Jets had an understanding with him and he went back on it. Maybe they will come to a middle ground, he is going to be an important piece to the defense that requires the DL to put pressure on the QB. 

Lol the understanding is that he wanted a new contract and he still wants a new contract. Nothing has changed, and that’s why Howie got rid of him on the cheap. The Jets might have their own understanding like they had with Rodger’s and the fact that he wasn’t going to show up to mini camp lol. 

• Like 2

I doubt there was ever discussion agreed upon by Reddick or his agent that he would ever play on his current deal. Show up and be a good little soldier.

It was clear as day to anyone with a brain which I'm assuming Joe Douglas has, a new deal or extra money was expected as part of the trade and the 2024 season. If this was never the case, Hassan would still be a Eagle. Howie already knew that, so should the NYJ FO!! This deal should of been completed months ago or what was the point of the trade?

On 7/24/2024 at 1:22 PM, Soko said:

He’s underpaid, so it makes sense. Dude’s been incredibly productive, so he’s got the legs to stand on. I get that reportedly he walked back his agreement…but realistically, the same reason guys sit out camp on the tag, applies here. Reddick walks out there on good faith that NY will take care of him, tears his ACL, and then what? Will he still get the big deal? Can’t blame him.

NY has the money to fatten up his deal too, but they’re kind of in a tough spot as far as setting a bad precedent goes. Though they’ve already shown that rules and mantras only apply to players when convenient…

Spot on!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Rooting for Reddick in this. He's consistently been a top 10 edge defender for like 4 years, but is getting paid like a low level starter.

Until people actually look up his numbers the past 4 years, honestly believe most have no idea just how Good/Productive he has been amongst his peers. 

• Like 1