Cooper EXTENDED

Sorry to be technical, but he actually didn't get extended (as least as I understand it).

They gave him a raise this year, but he'll be a UFA after this season.

Also, here's the tweet:

• Like 1

Yeah interesting no extension as of right now. 

Maybe we could flip Elijah Moore and a second for Aiyuk?

It’d make sense if we’re not paying Amari long term. 

I love Amari but I understand the age aspect. 

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That deal means this is his last year.

It’s a “hey we will give you $5 million to just ride it out for this year. Best of luck afterwards.”

And frankly, I’m disappointed. He’s clearly our best offensive skill player not named Chubb when healthy.

Age or not, deciding to pay Jeudy instead of Amari is extremely risky and disappointing.

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That deal means this is his last year.

It’s a “hey we will give you $5 million to just ride it out for this year. Best of luck afterwards.”

I think you are right Candy. That is why you will see attempts to forcefeed Tillman this season.

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Our future at wide receiver looks a little bit bleak right now. There’s not a nucleus of any young talent that has starting ability here. 

I'm not sure about that. I didn't like the contract Jeudy was given, but he's at worst a good #2. Tillman also has potential, IMO. Moore? We'll see. He'll have to have a good year and even then I'm not sure he's brought back.

Our future at WR doesn't look amazing or anything, but I wouldn't say we don't have any young starting-caliber talent.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm not sure about that. I didn't like the contract Jeudy was given, but he's at worst a good #2. Tillman also has potential, IMO. Moore? We'll see. He'll have to have a good year and even then I'm not sure he's brought back.

Our future at WR doesn't look amazing or anything, but I wouldn't say we don't have any young starting-caliber talent.

Think Moore on a good team is a #4. Maybe a #3 but he’s not necessarily a great slot guy. I think Jeudy could be a #2 but he’s still not consistent. I liked the Tillman pick at the time, but I haven’t seen anything yet that makes me think he’s a rotational addition. Either way if we do not have Cooper next year, there is a real void. Jeudy/Moore/Tillman would pretty easily be bottom 10 in the NFL imo. Maybe I’m wrong and a couple guys make a leap this season. That said, 2025 season is a ways off and I am assuming we would add someone before then. I’m just not as high on Jerry Jeudy and Elijah Moore in general though and most of our fans feel differently there.