Cowboys WR CeeDee Lamb to holdout in hopes of getting new deal

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

So this obviously ends with CeeDee getting a massive deal…. Right?

Yes. 33 million would be my guess. 75 guaranteed at signing with about 95 practically guaranteed

Assuming he gets a 5 year deal

20 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

So this obviously ends with CeeDee getting a massive deal…. Right?

Hard to say since he isn’t a running back with Jerruh alive and well.

• Like 1

That's a hell a shot to shoot by CeeDee given that the highest paid non QB right now is a receiver who just signed his deal and is generally just considered better. 

Kudos to him if lands that though. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's a hell a shot to shoot by CeeDee given that the highest paid non QB right now is a receiver who just signed his deal and is generally just considered better. 

Kudos to him if lands that though. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Parsons makes all the sense in the world to me and I expected him to be the highest paid non QB. 

Didn't expect that shot from Lamb though, tbh. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Parsons makes all the sense in the world to me and I expected him to be the highest paid non QB. 

Didn't expect that shot from Lamb though, tbh. 

Lamb should be paid like a Top 5 WR, where his production is. Even if he wants to be the highest paid WR, why is that any different then any other position group?

The next man up (legit), typically gets the better contract. Its what they do. Problem here is Minnesota didn't have to worry about potentially allocating $60M to a QB, $35-40M to a Pass Rusher in the future so they went above and beyond giving JJ $35M.

The problem is Dallas has all 3 contracts to consider. I don't think Jerry or Stephen even want to pay Lamb $30M.

The fact they have waited, like the Dallas Cowboys always do!!!! Has once again cost the Franchise $10's of Millions in the long run. He could of been extended "early"  last season around the $28-30M Tyreek range and been happy.

I'll be surprised if Lamb doesn't report but when he does he goes full Trent Williams in Washington/Jalen Ramsey in Jacksonville excuse making, so fines can't occur.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is it?

Generally the new guy gets paid the best, Lamb waited and did all his offseason workouts at risk, which Jefferson wasn't willing to do (not a criticism of either strategy, just a comparison between the two).

He's gonna get paid for that extra risk. Seems like a pretty standard starting place. It's not like this is the final offer, take it or leave it yet either.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is it?

Generally the new guy gets paid the best, Lamb waited and did all his offseason workouts at risk, which Jefferson wasn't willing to do (not a criticism of either strategy, just a comparison between the two).

He's gonna get paid for that extra risk. Seems like a pretty standard starting place. It's not like this is the final offer, take it or leave it yet either.

Lamb skipped all off season workouts. 

Mostly depends on how hard he is dug in on that requirement to be the highest paid guy. I'm assuming it's a legit ask. "Next man up" contracts are in part higher than previous ones because they aren't being signed in the same cap year and there's cap inflation to acknowledge. Brandon Aiyuk looking for 29-30 million is basically the exact same as the contract Deebo signed 2 years ago (11.3% - 11.75%  compared to Deebo's 11.45%, I believe). 

It's weird to me to give a guy who definitely isn't better than JJ a bigger deal in the same off season. But that's just me. We do see it a little in the QB market, so maybe teams will really be incorporating that across the board