Let's get this party started: The Week 0/1 thread - The Year of the Expanded Playoffs begins.

MikeT14

Mostly a lot of blowouts against very weak opponents in Week 1. Thoughts on what I saw:

- Media is way overhyping PSU QB Allar. He was "pretty good" after a sloppy start at best.
- West VA and Michigan QBs looked mostly like crap. g/l with that. Michigan has the benefit of a weak schedule to maybe finish in the top 10, but they aren't a serious contender.
- ND was underwhelming against a Texas A&M team whose offense (mostly the QB) was dying to hand the game to them. They do not strike me as a top 10 team.
- Ohio St QB also has some kinks to work out, but hard to say given the inferior team they played against.

Next week looks like a lot more of top teams playing much weaker teams; I think I'll see if anyone wants to have a cookout.

10 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Kyle McCord has been so darn impressive. He has been slinging it all over the field. I cant believe he ended up with us.

Syracuse is the perfect fit for him and it’s why I love the transfer portal.

The expectations at Ohio State are insane for players, especially QB and WR.

I hope he found a nice home with you guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towerbridge said:

I've never seen a program fall off a cliff as fast as Virginia Tech.

Beamer may be one of the greatest coaches ever

It’s an interesting school.  But a lot has changed since he left, and they have not made the best decisions making hires to lead the program.  Fuentes really, really set them back. 

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This USC defense already looks light years better than it ever did under Alex Grinch.

D’Anton Lynn is a really good coach. He’s who I wanted as GB’s DC.  UCLA is gonna regret letting him leave.